Chloride High

DSRIGGS

Yes, that is chocolate covered bacon
So my latest labs are good (albumin and Tot Protein continue to rise) other than my Chloride is high and K1 is low.

I am not sure the significance of high chloride and how one brings it down. Do any of you have any experience with this.

My CMP results including the Chloride...oh and my BUN/Creatinine ratio is always high as well for some reason..but it doesn't seem to be an issue

upload_2015-5-15_20-11-21.png

when I've had a similar result, the reason was dehydration, but there can be other more serious reasons, so go over it with your dr.

That's one of those tests that are best understood when looking at the entire electrolyte or metabolic panels.

when I've had a similar result, the reason was dehydration, but there can be other more serious reasons, so go over it with your dr.

That's one of those tests that are best understood when looking at the entire electrolyte or metabolic panels.
I am not dehydrated but I do still battle malabsorbtion and occasional diarrhea, and have had acidosis in the past so I will check with my Doc.. It does seem to run high for whatever reason.

Thanks for the suggestion

I'm not sure why your cl is high but it doesn't appear to be doing you any harm. Best to check with your pcp, though.
On the positive side, your protein levels are doing great these days, and we know for sure how important that is.

I'm not sure why your cl is high but it doesn't appear to be doing you any harm. Best to check with your pcp, though.
On the positive side, your protein levels are doing great these days, and we know for sure how important that is.
Thanks Larra.

Yes, I am happy with the protein levels. I tried backing down the Creon this week but it seems to have resulted in diarrhea so I went back up. I am 4 months from the 2 year post surgery mark and I am really hoping to be off creon by then. I really don't want surgery to lengthen my channel so hopefully my absorbtion gets back to where it should be.

Latest posts

Back