CBT and Me

DuodenalSwitchaRoo

Taking a long scenic route!
So, I finally finagled some sort of therapy lol. It was TRICKY!!! I tried via my GP for some sort of mental help along this journey.

I couldn't use the WLS patient option as they only do band/rny locally and you can only be under one team at a time.....I am not giving up my team come hell or high water.

Cannot go via mental health (bipolar issues) as they are useless as tits on a boar hog! All they would do is chuck meds at me and tell me to go away.

Sooooo I fibbed....a little lol. I DO deal with depression and anxiety....just not right now. But, I'm in the door! Had my phone interview to see if the service was suitable for me and I passed....yay haha.

My first appointment is today. I have been arguing with myself since I woke up this morning that I should cancel it. I know this is my typical self defeating and sabotaging self and am doing my damnedest to ignore the impulse to run far away!

Even if CBT isn't the answer....I am now in the system :) It is a step forward and could lead to other types of counselling. And Lord knows I need it all lol.

Wish me luck! Heaven knows what today is going to reveal. I know I score highish on the depression/anxiety scale even when I feel okish.....so maybe that can be helped? Who knows!

I've walked out on 2 therapists....1 in Idaho and one here in the UK for talking about "the others" and tried to delve within. Eff that shit! Lol those that know me know I'm a tad moody, a little nuts, super smart and for the most part I'm highly functional!!! I have seen therapy break people into shards! No thank you! Lol

You're very cute all dolled up and isn't it fun to do so?
Our ideas of fun may differ lol I feel soooooooo awkward in girly stuff!!!! That was the first time I wore a dressy dress since prom in high school lol I'm such a jeans and t shirt girl. I was at 644 and I still am....just in smaller sizes lol

I've walked out on 2 therapists....1 in Idaho and one here in the UK for talking about "the others" and tried to delve within. Eff that shit! Lol those that know me know I'm a tad moody, a little nuts, super smart and for the most part I'm highly functional!!! I have seen therapy break people into shards! No thank you! Lol
I'm so confused!

Our ideas of fun may differ lol I feel soooooooo awkward in girly stuff!!!! That was the first time I wore a dressy dress since prom in high school lol I'm such a jeans and t shirt girl. I was at 644 and I still am....just in smaller sizes lol
I have to agree that I live in jeans. YET now that I can wear pretty clothes, it is fun every now and then to tear up the town in a dress. My 45th high school re-union is coming up and I've been busy planning my dress, hair, make-up and accessories. Then in a year, my niece is getting married and I get to do it again. That sounds about right; once a year. :giggle:

Latest posts

Back