CBT and Me

I'm so confused!

They were implying I had unresolved trauma and had multiple personalities lol. Even if there is a remote possibility of that being ½ true, I do NOT want to open that Pandora's Box! I am stable, I've never been in trouble with the law in either country I've lived in, I've never ever been a danger to anyone else and I'm just not effing Cybil lol. Sure, I'm moody and have a very flexible identity, but damn. Leave well enough alone, ya know? Everyone has issues, but if one is functioning well in reality, why go there...WHY?! So CBT dealing with the here and now is exactly what I want :)

They were implying I had unresolved trauma and had multiple personalities lol. Even if there is a remote possibility of that being ½ true, I do NOT want to open that Pandora's Box! I am stable, I've never been in trouble with the law in either country I've lived in, I've never ever been a danger to anyone else and I'm just not effing Cybil lol. Sure, I'm moody and have a very flexible identity, but damn. Leave well enough alone, ya know? Everyone has issues, but if one is functioning well in reality, why go there...WHY?! So CBT dealing with the here and now is exactly what I want :)
Ahhhh, ok, I gotcha! For me, I like both aspects in therapy. I've analyzed myself to death, I want a therapist to help me change my thinking, but also get even deeper, analytically, than I'm able to. I guess that's why it's good that there are different approaches :)

Ahhhh, ok, I gotcha! For me, I like both aspects in therapy. I've analyzed myself to death, I want a therapist to help me change my thinking, but also get even deeper, analytically, than I'm able to. I guess that's why it's good that there are different approaches :)

I LOVE psychology and self help too :) I own more books than a Borders (haha, cos they don't own anymore...see what I did there? lol) I'm VERY self aware, which I think makes me a difficult patient lol. When I have a bipolar episode (up or down) with it comes paranoia. Silly things like the car behind me is following me so I drive 5 miles out of my way to be sure, lol....at the same time I KNOW I am being ridiculous. I know my head is seeing things and patterns that aren't there. Now try to tell a professional, that you think people are following you and/or reading you thoughts but you know that they are not in fact doing either of these things...they look at you like you have 3 heads, shove meds at you and tell you to go home. lol

So no. Therapy and I don't exactly work out. I take coping tools I discover here and there and adapt them to my life. When Im paranoid (hasn't happened in years thankfully!) I used to acknowledge the thoughts, acknowledge they were delusions, yet still take evasive actions (like driving 5 miles out of my way or thinking of a brick wall to block my thoughts LMAO!) just to make everything settle down.

I know I sound quite insane lol but in fact Im just very very self aware and can separate myself from my mental issues. Am I making any sense at all? lol

I'm in a lot of pain today from going to CBT yesterday (being cripple sucks!) So I've hit up the codeine for the first time in weeks....and codeine is like speed for me. I get very chatty and very busy bodyish lol.

Funny enough after I had my sleeve, lost my job and quit my bipolar meds....I haven't had any mental health issues aside from "slight" depression. Maybe the psych meds were making me mental lol.

I LOVE psychology and self help too :) I own more books than a Borders (haha, cos they don't own anymore...see what I did there? lol) I'm VERY self aware, which I think makes me a difficult patient lol. When I have a bipolar episode (up or down) with it comes paranoia. Silly things like the car behind me is following me so I drive 5 miles out of my way to be sure, lol....at the same time I KNOW I am being ridiculous. I know my head is seeing things and patterns that aren't there. Now try to tell a professional, that you think people are following you and/or reading you thoughts but you know that they are not in fact doing either of these things...they look at you like you have 3 heads, shove meds at you and tell you to go home. lol

So no. Therapy and I don't exactly work out. I take coping tools I discover here and there and adapt them to my life. When Im paranoid (hasn't happened in years thankfully!) I used to acknowledge the thoughts, acknowledge they were delusions, yet still take evasive actions (like driving 5 miles out of my way or thinking of a brick wall to block my thoughts LMAO!) just to make everything settle down.

I know I sound quite insane lol but in fact Im just very very self aware and can separate myself from my mental issues. Am I making any sense at all? lol

I'm in a lot of pain today from going to CBT yesterday (being cripple sucks!) So I've hit up the codeine for the first time in weeks....and codeine is like speed for me. I get very chatty and very busy bodyish lol.

Funny enough after I had my sleeve, lost my job and quit my bipolar meds....I haven't had any mental health issues aside from "slight" depression. Maybe the psych meds were making me mental lol.
I do believe that too often, psych meds make things worse, at least for me anyways. I've had way too many incidences of anxiety and/or depression worsening as well as feeling like a raging psycho in the middle of the night from sleeping pills like lunesta/ambien.

I have short bursts of manic energy (not surprised, are you?) in response to perceived threats and insults from others. It takes a little while for me to cycle out, but usually less than an hour. Then there I sit with all these hurt feelings and "debris" around me, sort of like the town the tornado went through, then the sun comes out, and it looks surreal. Meds definitely help me. The patterns and visual stuff is a certain amount of psychosis, that at first is controllable, and then you forget what you know about your disorder, and it becomes increasingly real. Meds are crucial for all psychotic levels, like vitamins after DS. You don't want to get on the low side, as this tends to get more pronounced with age, and stress levels. Sometimes it can move rather quickly. The "right" meds are great. I agree the "wrong" meds really suck. I only try new meds during the week, in the daytime, in case I need to contact the Dr.

Latest posts

Back