Carbonyl iron advise

Jashley

I just heard that Sundown Carbonyl can't be found any more. Guess it isn't made any more. Vitalady's Tender Iron is gone. I'm getting a little concerned. Anyone know of a cost effective source for carbonyl iron? What is going on with the market that carbonyl iron is getting so hard to find?

Can I take polysac instead?

Can I take just HEME (Proferrin) and still keep my numbers up?

I like taking HEME, but it's expensive and I've always taken it with carbonyl (as a top off). 4.5 yrs out and I pretty much rely on carbonyl.

Thanks for any info.

Look into Ferrsol.

I don't absorb oral iron and hubby JUST finished the last bottle of the Vitalady iron he got over four years ago. I had ordered him the Sundown Natural Perfect Iron about 6 months ago and ordered 4 bottles so we may not need to look for him for 2-3 years.

But there are people on here who use Feresol and requested it be added to our store. BTW, the Sundown was also added and I haven't gone in to remove it yet.

I just heard that Sundown Carbonyl can't be found any more. Guess it isn't made any more. Vitalady's Tender Iron is gone. I'm getting a little concerned. Anyone know of a cost effective source for carbonyl iron? What is going on with the market that carbonyl iron is getting so hard to find?

I like taking HEME, but it's expensive and I've always taken it with carbonyl (as a top off). 4.5 yrs out and I pretty much rely on carbonyl.

Thanks for any info.
I used to take Sundown but hated the feel of it and thought it was just plain yucky! I then switched to Ferrex 150 which is a capsule and I found it on Amazon. Goes down easily, I had no complaints with it. I decided to switch to Proferrin ES to try to up my numbers more. I've read such good things about it (all but the cost that is).

Thanks for any info.
I have 2 bottles in my pantry. If you PM me your address, I'll be happy to mail them to you. My labs have been consistently high for iron so Dr told me a while ago to stop taking it so they're just sitting here. May as well go to someone who can use them...
'Sundown Naturals Perfect Iron' 50mg Carbonyl Iron 200 tablets (each bottle)

Just tell the Dr that every oral iron you've taken leaves you brutally constipated and don't want to take them anymore. They can't question you on that. They should order iron infusions for you. Much, much better. I've only had to go in twice in 16 months. You just sit in a comfy recliner for a couple of hours, read, sleep, whatever and you're done. Cheaper and less hassle, too. And no constipation!

But, yes, Polysac was the other iron Vitalady recommended. If you PM me your address, I'll be happy to send you my leftovers of that.

Thanks for any info.
I only take Proferrin and my numbers are better than ever but it is spendy. Also nice not having to space it out and the big one - it doesn't bother my stomach. Man I used to cramp up after taking the tender iron

Latest posts

Back