Can't make this stuff up

DSRIGGS

Yes, that is chocolate covered bacon
So we spent the weekend with the boys in the Dells (Collin just got home from 1st year of college and Cameron has been struggling so we had a family weekend). On our way home this morning Cameron had severe abdominal pain so since we were driving through Madison we went to the ER at UW Hospital. 6 hours later we found out that it was tip appendicitis and he just got out of appendectomy surgery.

Tomorrow we were meeting with the surgeon in Peoria to determine if and when he was doing Cameron's gastroparesis procedure (major, major surgery that I will tell you about once we have a final plan). Well since we are 3 hours from home that visit won't be happening tomorrow and I don't know how soon it will be before Cameron is able to undergo that 6-8 hour procedure.

This kid...well if it can go wrong medically it will. He is the walking medical Murphy!

That kid just cannot catch a break!
The only good thing about this is that it will never happen to him again. Keep us posted about the gastroparesis treatment plans. I hope his appendectomy was done lap and that he will have a speedy and not too painful recovery.

That poor kid! I am so sorry for his rotten luck! I hope he feels better soon and his next surgery is not delayed too long.

Since I had to look it up:
http://www.pubfacts.com/detail/18789423/Tip-appendicitis:-clinical-implications-and-management.
"Tip appendicitis describes a rare condition involving inflammatory changes of the distal appendix."

Sheesh - did the surgeon performing the appendectomy take a look around while he was in there to see if there was anything to be seen that might be amiss, and possibly causing the gastroparesis? I know he wasn't in the neighborhood of the stomach, but ... maybe?

Thanks ladies. It was done lap, and the surgeon got in and got out as he said with cameron's surgical history he didn't want to poke around much.

He is hurting quite a bit this am and they are getting him on to oral meds so he can go home, but he says the dose they are giving him isn't working and of course they don't want to give him any higher dose. Gave him 20 my of Oxy but he has a huge tolerance so he had been on 2 15mg in past.

Oh well he will have to work through that so we can go home today.

Since I had to look it up:
http://www.pubfacts.com/detail/18789423/Tip-appendicitis:-clinical-implications-and-management.
"Tip appendicitis describes a rare condition involving inflammatory changes of the distal appendix."

Sheesh - did the surgeon performing the appendectomy take a look around while he was in there to see if there was anything to be seen that might be amiss, and possibly causing the gastroparesis? I know he wasn't in the neighborhood of the stomach, but ... maybe?
The ED attending (very good btw) said that an appendix most typically gets blocked at the colon connection but it can become blocked at any point along the appendix. Tip is relatively rare but he said when it is diagnosed it needs to come out because it won't get better and will cause issues..so fortunately we caught it before it became a bigger problem.

So we spent the weekend with the boys in the Dells (Collin just got home from 1st year of college and Cameron has been struggling so we had a family weekend). On our way home this morning Cameron had severe abdominal pain so since we were driving through Madison we went to the ER at UW Hospital. 6 hours later we found out that it was tip appendicitis and he just got out of appendectomy surgery.

Tomorrow we were meeting with the surgeon in Peoria to determine if and when he was doing Cameron's gastroparesis procedure (major, major surgery that I will tell you about once we have a final plan). Well since we are 3 hours from home that visit won't be happening tomorrow and I don't know how soon it will be before Cameron is able to undergo that 6-8 hour procedure.

This kid...well if it can go wrong medically it will. He is the walking medical Murphy!
Thank God he's gonna be ok Scott! So sorry to hear about his and your suffering. My prayers are with your family.
:ahhhhhhh:

Thank God he's gonna be ok Scott! So sorry to hear about his and your suffering. My prayers are with your family.
:ahhhhhhh:
Thanks Will. Cameron has a crazy history and this is pretty benign relative to his past issues.

Latest posts

Back