Can someone simplify the vitamin requirements for DS

I'm curious, I had my DS 8 days ago. I'm on soft food and everything is going well.
I was wondering when I start taking my vitamins again?
When do most people start after surgery?
Do I wait until I see the doctor to ask?

I'm curious, I had my DS 8 days ago. I'm on soft food and everything is going well.
I was wondering when I start taking my vitamins again?
When do most people start after surgery?
Do I wait until I see the doctor to ask?
Start slowly. You can start with the multi as soon as you are comfortable. If that isn't comfortable this week, try something you were low pre-op on like maybe the D. Or wait another week. By the end of two months you want to be in all of them but go slowly right now.

Stefanie S., Thank you for posting your vitamin routine. What a wonderful gift to give those of us that are confused on what vitamin routine we should be taking after the DS. I will be having my revision April 7th, from VSG to DS, and am getting very scared. Is the weight lose really slow after the revision? Also they say "dry" form of vitamins, does this just mean not to take gelcaps? How was your recovery? I am traveling by plane for my DS, and have to stay in the motel for 2 weeks before going home. Did you have to do this? Was it hard being in a motel while recovering? If you had to go by plane, how was traveling home on the plane while recovering? Anything you can tell me would be GREATLY appreciated! I am really getting nervous and scared! Thanks
Hi! Sorry, just now seeing this. I see that many things were already answered. But a few notes... recovery was actually very easy. I was out walking 5 days after surgery. No pain. No pain meds once home. Easy. MUCH easier than the VSG. Yeah, weight loss is a little slower. But see my post today for more info )

Latest posts

Back