caffeine.

My husband asked that I give up coffee while pregnant for the sake of fetal development. As he almost *never* asks of anything from me, I agreed. In both cases, I requested a cup of Joe while inside the labor and delivery suite. (Neither request was granted by the ice chip mafia.)

So, I think the desire even after months without puts me in the true addict camp.

Post DS, I had coffee (over ice because I wasn't into hot liquids initially) as soon as I was was out of the hospital.

I used to have about 10 shots of espresso daily. Now I have 3-4 cups of regular coffee with cream.

Last edited:
I could not stand the taste of coffee for about 2 months post op. As for withdrawal headaches - did not notice them. Had so many other things going on to distract me.
I didn't have the headaches either and as you say there was enough other shit that had me feeling like a whooped pup maybe that is why...because I do get a headache now without my coffee...yes I am an addict

They gave me a script for the same crap they gave me in the hospital so I didn't bother to fill it. They told me I could also take liquid Tylenol but it made me gag so I had to deal with a lot of pain (band removal, hernia repair, and sleeve) straight up
I didn't use any pain meds once home from the hospital. There was the shoulder pain from the surgical gas, but my gut really didn't hurt that bad so I was able to get away with it. I was more worried about the narcotics constipating me and I didn't want to have to deal with that with a recently cut on gut.

Latest posts

Back