"But it was worth it" ... what is your "I don't care" indulgence?

:eek: How can that be?? It is just so much creamy savory goodness (plus mine is full of chopped ham and baby carrots). But, I guess if you can live without it, because you don't know what you are missing, not tempting the fart gods is probably a good idea.
I just don't LIKE split pea soup (can't get passed the color). But bean soups are fine. I'm esp fond of navy beans and ham.

Tortilla chips and ..... whatever is handy to dip them in. :( I had about 6 or 8 the other other night with bean dip and/or queso. OMG. Diana, I relate to the motorboat analogy.

Being only one month out, I have only had issue with this. It was Cheetos. I only had five, but I paid for it dearly.
But, you know what? I will do it again.

I would also stab my mother for a diet Coke and possibly kick her when she is down for a taco.

I just don't LIKE split pea soup (can't get passed the color). But bean soups are fine. I'm esp fond of navy beans and ham.
Yeah, ham and beans are delicious. There is also a 7 bean (i think) bag we used to get from the store and it was really good when you threw in a ham hock or ham bone.

Being only one month out, I have only had issue with this. It was Cheetos. I only had five, but I paid for it dearly.
But, you know what? I will do it again.

I would also stab my mother for a diet Coke and possibly kick her when she is down for a taco.
Amazing what we get hooked on.

I deleted dry cereals a LONG time before my DS. I honestly can not remember the last time I ate a bowl of cereal. Now, hot cereals, I do have ON occasion...esp Steel Cut Oatmeal which I doctor up with lots of butter. But it might be once a month, maybe? And I am in maintenance mode.

Yeah, ham and beans are delicious. There is also a 7 bean (i think) bag we used to get from the store and it was really good when you threw in a ham hock or ham bone.
I add a ham bone AND pieces of ham to mine. It's what I survived on once I was to soft foods during my jaw surgery.

I add a ham bone AND pieces of ham to mine. It's what I survived on once I was to soft foods during my jaw surgery.
Yep, that is what we did growing up. Mom would cook a bone in ham and the bone and left over meat became Ham and Beans....and of course, corn bread was a mandatory side. :)

It WAS, now not so much...altho I still have it occasionally.
I do fine with cornbread. That being said, I can't eat very much of it now and I have to chew it very well so it is a paste....I kind of do that with any bread type textured foods.

I do fine with cornbread. That being said, I can't eat very much of it now and I have to chew it very well so it is a paste....I kind of do that with any bread type textured foods.
I do NOW but the first time I had some after my DS, I was miserable...don't think I had enough butter on it, LOL. Now I practically drown it in butter.

I've never had split pea soup in my life.
me either

and there isn't really anything that gives me gas or the runs, I go days, weeks with no gas, at all, did the first couple years after the DS, but maybe I just don't eat a lot of that stuff, or maybe the RX probiotic

Yeah, corn on the cob, Off the grill. Done in the husk with as much butter as gravity will allow. And as an added bonus, you get to see it again, the next morning. Kind of like a last visit with an old friend.

Split pea soup (and the occasional 7 or 15 bean soup) is my way of using the ham bone too. This one may have been from Thanksgiving. :)

Latest posts

Back