Bubbly Belly

Pattycake813

So I don't know if anyone else experiences what I call bubbly belly but wow, do I ever rumble. Doesn't seem to matter what I've eaten, what I've had to drink, or what time of day it is. My stomach makes more noise than a biker gang on Harleys.

Sounds fluke grumbles, bubbles, or even dog growls/howels. It is not when I am gassy or when I need to poop. It can be heard across a room. It has even been heard over the phone.

Anyone else experience this, or have any tricks to quiet it down a bit.

I have a very loud grumble just as you described but for me, it is usually a 3-minute warning that I need to get to the bathroom. I have not been able to link it to any specific food. It is really embarrassing when this occurs at work. I calmly excuse myself ("Excuse me, I'll be back in a minute") and make a dash for the restroom.

Mine seems to wait until the silence descends at mass. There is a reason I no longer sit in the front pew. Sometimes it is food related, sometimes because it thinks it's Audrey (feed me Seymour) and sometimes it just likes to talk to me.

Yes @southernlady TEA!! I belong to a group that meets at tea time and the growling is profound. When I open my mouth to speak it reverberates up my trachea and roars through the room. It was so embarrassing, I stopped drinking tea.

Mine literally wakes up my girlfriend. Anything can trigger it, food or empty. It's loudest in the middle of the night. I have decibel meter app on my phone. I keep meaning to measure it, but it's much louder ever since i got the DS.

Haha. So glad to know I'm "normal". Mine loves to breakup the award silence of a meeting, or during a pre-meal prayer/moment of silence. My husband thinks it is hilarious, except for when I wakes him up at night. Lol.
We have 2 his keys and sometimes they actually talk back to my tummy.

Latest posts

Back