BebeZed's First Labs

BebeZed

I finally got my 3-month labs done and the results back. I noticed I'm high in B6 and B12, and low in vitamin A. Vitamin D is just barely hanging in there so I probably should take more, yes? Iron was toward the bottom of range too so I added to that.

Should I stop taking the B vitamins and see what happens?
How much should I adjust my vitamin A intake?

Also.. my cholesterol was low. Not sure what to do about that...
And MCHC was out of range too...
Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance... this rookie will learn quick I'm sure, but for now I know change is needed but not quite sure how much.

Attachments

• Lab_Results_2016_Jan_20-personalInfoRedacted.pdf
    9.3 KB · Views: 6
154 total. I don't see LDL/HDL on my pre-op labs.
I see the hematocrit has fallen a bit too since pre-op.

Ah, so your cholesterol was good to begin with. (Mine went from 303 in September pre-op to 167 in January.) Low cholesterol can cause memory impairment and depression. It can also cause violent behavior so tell your son he better clean up after himself and not annoy you :)

Ah, so your cholesterol was good to begin with. (Mine went from 303 in September pre-op to 167 in January.) Low cholesterol can cause memory impairment and depression. It can also cause violent behavior so tell your son he better clean up after himself and not annoy you :)

LMAO I just read about that. That could explain some bouts of forgetfulness I'm having and not exactly depression but the feeling that something isn't quite right. It's like the diet coke of depression ;) Guess I should call and make an appointment now so I'll be seen just after the insurance changes...

I'm still not sure what to do. Specifically, how much should I increase the vitamin A? Should I increase the vitamin D since it's in range but lower end? Anything else? I figure it's better to get input from some of the vets rather than flail away at this without knowing what I'm doing.

Your cholesterol is fine and eating more butter and fat isn't going to increase the numbers.

How much A & D are you taking? Yes, they both need to be increased.

and

I would stop taking any B vitamin. Many of us don't need any.

I would double your A and D for now and be retested in three months. while your D is in normal range it IS very low normal and that is reflected in your higher than it should be PTH. You want your D as close to 100 as possible, your PTH as close to the bottom of normal as possible. And your A needs to be in mid to high normal range.

Not all people need B's BUT enough do to keep taking it. I would stop B complex or find one with now B6 if possible. And altho it says your B12 is high, don't worry about that one. You can stop or not, up to you.

Your iron is at the low end but your ferritin is fine.

Thank you so much!
Scott, I'm taking 100k vit. A, 50K vit D.

Ok, so I'll try doubling the A and D; I've already stopped the B complex for now.

Thanks again - your advice is really appreciated!

My D went to the toilet (as in less than 18) for one set of labs. I went from forgetting to take it to 100K a day. Shot up to the 160's! So I eased back to every other day 50K, other days 100K. Still came in above 130. Dropped back to 50K a day, came in around 75. So I kept playing with it and finally found that while 50K 6 days a week and 100K one wasn't enough, two days of 100K put me about 110.

They have moved the range THREE times since 2007. When I was first diagnosed with low D, the range was 15-50. Then it went to 25-85. Now it's 30-100. IF the medical professionals can not decide WHERE normal should be, how in the hell are we, as laypeople, suppose to know. What I do is what my PTH like a hawk. The closer it gets to the bottom end of normal, the better I like it.

My B6 came back high at 3 months too. My other B's, not high, so I switched from the VitaLady B-50 complex to the Desert Harvest B-Complex without B6. It's on sale (for a few more days!) as BOGO half price.
https://www.desertharvest.com/shop-new/B-Complex-without-B6-90-capsules.html

I don't have tests again for 2 months, so I can't report to the effectiveness of switching, but sharing a link that was shared with me here on the boards!

Latest posts

Back