Approved! I got a date!

Kristaz

I was FINALLY approved! Surgery next Friday! I am so excited but so nervous! And I feel totally unprepared. I have got to find proteins I like. Should I order vitamins now?advice?

Just get ready! You won't be able to take all your vites right away and chances are you will hate any protein you think is tolerable right now! Congratulations!

Congrats!
Don't stock up on too much protein yet. Your tastes will change post-op, and at first your main job is just staying hydrated and doing your walking.

Fantastic news! You'll have time to order vitamins later as it will take a while for your new stomach to find them tolerable. In the meantime, though please take a daily multivitamin now to build up your stores. Just remember the rule of thumb for protein - target 30 grams a day by 30 days post op, 60 g by 60 days out and 90 g by 90 days.

Awesome. Tell Dr K Scott says hello and to treat you you like a Queen (he will).

And as others said. Dont waste your time or money on a bunch protein that you probably won't like after surgery anyway.

Congrats! I liked having my vitamins already ordered as I didn't want to have to think to much right after surgery. You don;t want to stock up on a bunch of protein powders, but you should have something handy as it will be all you can have. Try Unjury chicken broth. I could never tolerate chocolate protein powder in water alone (and that's the only way I was allowed to have it for 10 days) so waited for that until I could mix it with 5x Protein Almond Milk.

Thank you so much! I am excited just nervous. Not looking forward to the healing process but definitely ready to have some of my other issues resolved!

Congrats! I liked having my vitamins already ordered as I didn't want to have to think to much right after surgery. You don;t want to stock up on a bunch of protein powders, but you should have something handy as it will be all you can have. Try Unjury chicken broth. I could never tolerate chocolate protein powder in water alone (and that's the only way I was allowed to have it for 10 days) so waited for that until I could mix it with 5x Protein Almond Milk.
I would suggest a couple vanilla, couple chocolate and couple of chicken because we all have different tastes. The unjuryvchicken smell alone will make my hat reflex kick in, but having a couple of each packs on hand to try does make sense.

I would order vitamins now while you feel good, just to have them ready. After surgery you're energy while be quite low for a while and it will be one less thing to take care of...

I agree about ordering vitamins...try to base it on pre-op labs and get bottles not the prepaacks.

IF I had bought B12 ahead, it would be a serious waste of time.

"IF I had bought B12 ahead, it would be a serious waste of time."

I'm not sure what this means. Thanks!

"IF I had bought B12 ahead, it would be a serious waste of time."

I'm not sure what this means. Thanks!
Because for over 3 decades now my B12 has been above 2000. I do not need to supplement it all all. So buying it would be a waste of time for me as I do not need it. My semi annual labs tell me that.

Latest posts

Back