Any ideas on how to break through a weight set point?

VDLT

VSG October 2015
I have been playing with the same 1.5 pounds for the past 2+ weeks. I am currently at a weight I was for several years in the past few years. I am fairly recently out from my revision from band to sleeve on 10/1/15, eating protein first, and getting my water in. Over the holidays I was traveling so my exercise fell by the wayside. Picking it back up now.

Any ideas of anything else I can do to break through this set point or should I just wait it out. Thanks!

I'd recommend you vary your diet from day to day a bit. Mix it up! If you've been very low carb, add some in. If you've been eating a lot of carbs, tune it back.

I have been playing with the same 1.5 pounds for the past 2+ weeks. I am currently at a weight I was for several years in the past few years. I am fairly recently out from my revision from band to sleeve on 10/1/15, eating protein first, and getting my water in. Over the holidays I was traveling so my exercise fell by the wayside. Picking it back up now.

Any ideas of anything else I can do to break through this set point or should I just wait it out. Thanks!
I waited mine out...stupid thing lasted damned near 5 months. I thought I was done, then wham, started losing again.

Thanks @hilary1617 I have been really low carb so might try expanding. I make turkey chili and eat that almost daily so will mix it up.

Thanks @southernlady that is a long time to get stuck but glad you broke through. Hopefully so will I. It's crazy what a difference 30 pounds can make for a shorty like me. I feel so much better but I hope I am not done

I just stayed the course, kept things the same and eventually it all came off- I did track very closely though for the first 2 years (cal/carb/prot, within the parameters I needed to lose.) There were even some months I technically gained, even though I was doing everything the same. Whatever works since we are all different, but ime, switching things up just muddied whatever data I had on what was working for me, or not. I really didn't start branching away from my "post-op losing phase" norm till I was below goal for a bit. It does get frustrating, and I bitched and fretted continually to Todd, doubting the entire way. :)

Hehe thanks @Jo777 I am going to keep doing what I am doing as best as I can. I will admit I don't track, mostly because I make a giant batch of chili and eat that a lot. I freeze portions and eat for almost two weeks out of one batch of the slow cooker. I don't really measure stuff so wouldn't know how to track. I am not sure if the success rate is different for trackers and non trackers. I can get obsessive about things (I weigh daily) and I think tracking like that might be a slippery slope of control issues for me.

Latest posts

Back