Another slickdeal bargain...

Spiky Bugger

So, yes, I hate Amazon.com. But sometimes, they are the only reasonable solution.

Today's deal is for people who have a Citi Card. (I occasionally hate them, too. When we moved...twice...they were TOLD that we were moving and security STILL hung up all our purchases. Because we were making purchases in two states at the same time. Oh, well, DUH.). Jerks.

Anyway, if you have a Citi Card and need supplements and want ten bucks off, this might just work. (I haven't tried it yet.)

http://slickdeals.net/f/7164036-it-s-back-amazon-10-credit-when-you-add-citi-card-for-one-click?

So, yes, I hate Amazon.com. But sometimes, they are the only reasonable solution.

Today's deal is for people who have a Citi Card. (I occasionally hate them, too. When we moved...twice...they were TOLD that we were moving and security STILL hung up all our purchases. Because we were making purchases in two states at the same time. Oh, well, DUH.). Jerks.

Anyway, if you have a Citi Card and need supplements and want ten bucks off, this might just work. (I haven't tried it yet.)

http://slickdeals.net/f/7164036-it-s-back-amazon-10-credit-when-you-add-citi-card-for-one-click?
Why do you hate amazon? I love them!

I've always loved Amazon, too. I get great customer service: they just gave me free overnight shipping on stuff I needed but the delay was my fault.

course, I have spent a lot of money on their site over the years, they may look at that when they decide to be helpful.

That's what happens to me each time I drive into the walmart parking lot! My pockets usually win out o_O
I almost never do Walmart. I get Xenophobic!

In LA, they look more like the people in the bar scene from Star Wars all "went forth and multiplied" and NOBODY knows that we keep to the right when driving (even shopping carts) or that children should be supervised....and some of them hogtied...in certain situations. Crowds of people in huddled formations wander the aisles, using up all of the space and not allowing others to pass...rather like an Alitalia ticket counter in the Rome airport...screaming in languages that the UN hasn't yet figured out. And then...there was the SSMO cashier, very tall, very-very large all over, who wore the light yellow t-shirt you could see right through and NO BRA, NO CAMISOLE, NUTHIN'...just her nipples...at waist level or below and a hair or two.

I just cannot go to Walmart.

Last edited:
Ha! That sounds like the walmart on our side of town- the newer, more developed, less "character" side of town. I'll only go to the one on the other side of town, where people are way more civilized and there are almost no lines :D

I have not found a Walmart here in Silly Valley that is not full of people who never seemed to learn manners or even common courtesy about how to behave in a public place where others are also present.

It pains me that Costco is getting that way too - though they pay their workers FAR FAR better.
http://www.fool.com/investing/gener...wal-mart-higher-wages-mean-superior-retu.aspx

I go to Walmart perhaps once every two years. Last time we went, we came out with nothing that we went there for, because they lied about having it at the store. I go to Costco about once every 10 days.

I find I can get most of what I used to buy at walmart at Winco, which is an employee-owned grocery chain. if they had better produce I'd shop there a lot more.

I have that same tightwad vs social justice thing.

I suppose I should give up amazon but I won't. I suck.

I use Amazon, sometimes it is the only way I can buy. (I live in the sticks) I am forced to go to Walmart because my mother thinks it is the only place to shop. The Walmart is in a small town in Utah and the customers seem fairly harmless, for the most part, so I take her. I REFUSE to go to Walmart in Las Vegas, it can and has precipitated a major anxiety attack. If they have a great sale, I can usually order online and get free delivery.

I went to Walmart for the first time in years just last weekend in an attempt to buy 20 lb bags of Crayola Colored Sand (to make terrariums with a bunch of 8 year olds) after being referred there by the Crayola website. It was an absolute nightmare. Displaced merchandise everywhere, manners left behind by a majority of shoppers, crowded aisles, and everything looked dirty/dusty. Never found anyone who could help me find the sand (I had specifically called in advance to ensure that it was in stock). Various associates shrugged and offered searching suggestions as questions. "Maybe in toys?" said the lady in Crafts. "You could check lawn and garden", said the next associate I tracked down after exploring toys and crafts. The lines at the registers were endless and I was cut off twice in the self-checkout area. We left and went to the Target directly across the street (which does not stock the sand I needed). It was clean, the aisles were clear and not a single person there bumped into us or cut me off. The prices aren't all that different between Walmart and Target. What gives?

I caved and bought the sand from Crayola's site, paying $56 in shipping for $32 worth of sand.

I don't know if Amazon is any better or worse than other warehouse-driven businesses in treatment of staff, but it is my main shopping source. I'd say that my assumption is that most products I buy anywhere have poorly-treated workers involved at some point in manufacture and/or distribution. I feel guilty, but then do nothing about it. I'm a jerk.

Latest posts

Back