And WTF is That GD….

robs477

Now an Angel in heaven
SMELL???
Jezus Crimany all ready! I guess you’re not really officially one of “You People” until you can join the “lets talk about stinky poop club”…..so, based upon my newly acquired aforementioned accoutrement’s, I guess I’m a new charter member!

It’s flippin horrible!!! the dog goes running, my daughter goes running and is afraid to bring her lil friends over to the house, I’d go running too if I could and my Wife…wheeew, OMG, I won’t even go there!! She asked me today…”how long is this going to last”….and when I told her “as long as I keep eating”….she wasn’t happy, she thought that “smell” was just temporary. So, I’ve got me a new project ….yaaay…of putting in a new 1/3 horsepower 650 CFM blower exhaust vent in the bathroom.

AND….after I go every time, there’s this orange oil/fat ring that stays after you flush even 2 or 3 times, so I’m having to clean the toilet every time I go. I need to make that efficient too maybe with a squirt bottle of fabrize and an old toothbrush I guess. Hmmm...that digresses me in to an even lower thought process…You military ladies on here…remember how and more importantly, WHY, you used to have to lock-up your toothbrush in the barracks??....LOL

Last edited:
Ha, you're official now! The newest thing that's helping my bathroom is an oil burner and scented oils. But yeah, a fan is definitely worth it, too :)

As to scent, Poo-pourri works, no joke. It is pricey but worth it. Things that refuse to sink may be forced to sink when strategically swathed with tp and/or wet wipes...

Last edited:
There is a store that would ban me if they knew who slimed their commode. I had a few way before my DS and a few afterwards. I'd say maybe 10+/- incidents in my 64 years on Planet Earth. The stink is a more pervasive problem. It's one reason why I carry a big purse. I'm particularly fond of Bath and Body mini sprays.

So, Ive been googling this question because I’m just so flippin curious what bio-chemicals are there to try to analyze this and when I google….”why does my poop smell like mothballs”……some limited info comes back and says that is fat being expelled and is a sign of fat loss?? Anybody else heard of this?

Get a spray bottle and put some blue Dawn dishwashing liquid and water in it. Spray the whole inside of bowl before you go. The oil ring goes down the drain. As for the smell, a clothespin for you and the dog?

I don't know why but, I only get the horrible stench once in a while. I think it is the probiotics. I have taken them since before surgery and still take them on a regular basis now. Of course, everyone is different. I swear, the stench got much worse when I cut out the oral calcium not to mention, I was pooping every time I went to the bathroom ugh, my rectum is wrecked!! Happily, I am back on oral calcium just half the amount I was taking and I am still using the patch with Vitamin D/ Calcium. I am hoping to not have to go back on all the other stuff to make me go.

Oil slicks...good
As to what is causing the smell...could be a number of things. Give us an example of what you are eating/drinking yesterday/today. You could be lactose intolerant and one of the ways it "shows itself" is in the godawful smell.

Oil slicks...good
As to what is causing the smell...could be a number of things. Give us an example of what you are eating/drinking yesterday/today. You could be lactose intolerant and one of the ways it "shows itself" is in the godawful smell.

No lactose related products that I know of. I have only had the 100% egg white protein shake up until Friday, day 10, plus liquids including 4 oz blue Gatorade mixed with 48 oz water and sometimes 12 oz of chicken broth in the evening. The rancid mothball smells have been from the beginning.
You guys are going to BBQ me, but, I need to be honest.......After Friday, I started mixing in a little solid food. . After week 2, I am supposed to start mixing in a little pureed food, well; I completely skipped that stage and went right to adding in some solid food on day 10, Friday.
On Fri, I ate 2 oz of roasted chicken, thigh meat, on Sat, 2 oz of baked fish and butter spinach and on Sun, 1/2 of a grilled hamburger pattie with cheese on it. I COMPLETELY purred each bite by chewing until it was liquefied, so I fail to see the difference of using my teeth or a blender except it’s a LOT more enjoyable using my teeth and there’s no dishes!!! The oil slicks started of course with the intake of meat and that’s normal, I don’t care about that…PROVES I GOT THE DS…LOL Just trying to isolate that F'd up chemical component that has the GD mothball on steroids odor.

Get a spray bottle and put some blue Dawn dishwashing liquid and water in it. Spray the whole inside of bowl before you go. The oil ring goes down the drain. As for the smell, a clothespin for you and the dog?

Thats a great idea @ MNL...I will try that...the dawn liquid "pre-coat" that is. I would try the clothespins too, but, could only try that idea on myself because I can't find my lil dog. She's has been avoiding me too and you know how loyal they are...lol

But, I always try to find a "Bright Side" to everything, and all I know is, I can’t hardly wait to go back to work. I got some serious nuclear "payback" coming to all those nasty guys I work with for all the un-mentionable things they've done over the years in our men’s bathroom!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back