Almost 5 months / Almost 100 pounds!

heyclementine

Hi everyone! I haven't really checked in on this board since I was very newly switched and having some dietary issues, but I do read posts from time to time. Thought I would start a new thread to update you on my progress as I approach my 5 month anniversary from surgery.

I had a significant weight stall, as many of us do, around 3 weeks. It lasted for a LONG TIME. Then, at 2 months out, we moved across the country. The move was very stressful and hard on me, and it became very hard to consume enough in terms of calories and protein. I just felt sick constantly. My weight loss was not consistent at all, it was a real bummer.

However, we are finally settled into our new home and I have my new routine down and everything is going pretty swimmingly. I'm currently able to eat a decent amount at a time (like a whole cheeseburger!) and I'm losing a pound a day lately. I don't weigh very often anymore, though, so that's just based on what I'm averaging. I'm down 95 pounds from the morning I had surgery (June 2, 2015) and it feels AMAZING!!!! It makes this very difficult (at times) journey feel completely worth it, even though I'm still about 100 pounds away from my ultimate goal.

I still struggle with protein supplements, but I need them. I can consume about 60 grams on my own but then I need a smoothie/shake to meet goal. I also struggle with water intake, but I force it in! Eating is no longer a chore, which feels nice. I had many issues with energy early on, and that is mostly resolved too. I feel SO great compared to where I was 100 pounds ago!

Anyway, that's about it. If you are considering this surgery, I am here to tell you that (if you can adhere to the requirements that keep you healthy afterwards) it is so very worth it. If you're one of the people who helped me early on when I was struggling, thank you!

Hopefully I'll be back in another 100 pounds to tell you I met my goal. :)

(I included a before and after face image for your viewing pleasure. I can't believe how much younger I look now! The before is actually a couple weeks post-op, the after is yesterday.)

Attachments

• 100lbs.jpg
    100lbs.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 32
Welcome to your new home and new body! :) It's a brand new day for you, truly! Congratulations.

Latest posts

Back