accidentally pulled j-tube out

That would be me and I am afraid my numbers are slipping. I am going to have to try some of the premixed ones like muscle milk or another that a friend told me about. I just can't seem to get over the whey protein taste, but as said I might have to dump some other shit in there to make it tolerable. Have been thinking about getting a vanilla and then adding a couple spoons of PB.

@Charris I am glad you are able to drink the shakes and doing okay. I have a feeling I am going to be seeing our friend fairly soon. :(

I find protein shakes much more tolerable when I add ice cream to them and put them in a blender, specifically Lactaid chocolate ice cream (given my lactose intolerance). Not exactly healthy, but then again, I'm not concerned about carbs at this point.

I find protein shakes much more tolerable when I add ice cream to them and put them in a blender, specifically Lactaid chocolate ice cream (given my lactose intolerance). Not exactly healthy, but then again, I'm not concerned about carbs at this point.
Thanks for the suggestion. I will try that and I am with you on not being too worried about the carbs.

Last edited:
@hilary1617 everything is better with ice cream HOWEVER, MILK IS NOT MY FRIEND. LOL my stomach will be doing all kind of crazy stuff
Hey @Charris and any of the rest of you who have lactose intolerance. Does it hit your right away? If things are going to bother me it seems to hit me almost immediately (as in bothers my stomach so stop eating it) or within an hour if it bothers my intestines.

@DSRIGGS depends on concentration of lactose. If that makes since like milk , ice cream, or milk based drinks hit immediately. Other stuff with other amounts ie Mac & cheese, or foods with lactose in it with something else not so quick if at all.

I use Lactaid ice cream. Lactose free and tastes good. :) Protein shakes I use are also lactose free - Oh Yeah! brand.

I can eat hard cheese (swiss, cheddar), butter and heavy whipping cream (in coffee) without a problem. Skim milk, especially skim milk powder, affects me immediately and for a prolonged, uncomfortable time.

I use Lactaid ice cream. Lactose free and tastes good. :) Protein shakes I use are also lactose free - Oh Yeah! brand.

I can eat hard cheese (swiss, cheddar), butter and heavy whipping cream (in coffee) without a problem. Skim milk, especially skim milk powder, affects me immediately and for a prolonged, uncomfortable time.
I can eat all of those, and do, with no issues. If I am going to get really bloated it comes on quickly....and if something really disagrees it results in diarrhea almost immediately.

BTW I am eating a bowl of Edy's Butter Pecan right now as I type this. :D

I love Butter Pecan ice cream, too, but I can only find the Lactaid version when I am in New Orleans. In Chicagoland stores seem to stock mainly the Chocolate, Vanilla or Cookies and Cream flavors.

So, given you have Butter Pecan on hand, try mixing 2 scoops of it with a premixed vanilla protein shake in the blender. If that still doesn't mask the shake to make it pleasant to drink - add a banana.

I love Butter Pecan ice cream, too, but I can only find the Lactaid version when I am in New Orleans. In Chicagoland stores seem to stock mainly the Chocolate, Vanilla or Cookies and Cream flavors.

So, given you have Butter Pecan on hand, try mixing 2 scoops of it with a premixed vanilla protein shake in the blender. If that still doesn't mask the shake to make it pleasant to drink - add a banana.
Well I just ate the rest of it last night. :D

Dr k actually wants me to go on nothing but protein and water for a week. I don't know if i can do it but I will give it a try after holidays... I know I will fail if I try for a whole week Covering Christmas. Maybe I will try M-Wed this week and see what happens?

Latest posts

Back