accidentally pulled j-tube out

Charris

Now an angel
I have no idea how I pulled it out. I got up went to the kitchen and wondered why my shirt was wet. I called dr. K he said nothing can be done focus on water and protein, protein, protein.

I feel so anxious and scared for some reason. Ugggh

That's pretty scary so no wonder you're feeling anxious. Try to relax - do something to take your mind off it. Just do what doc says: water and protein.

That's pretty scary so no wonder you're feeling anxious. Try to relax - do something to take your mind off it. Just do what doc says: water and protein.

It happened last night so I went to sleep. When I got on the scale it said 132.5. which made freak out more no matter how irrational it was. I'm like omg already lost 3 pounds. I know tube in or out its nothing but water weight, so in essence my mind is playing tricks on me already.

What can you do today so you won't dwell on this? Go to a movie? Read a book? Go shopping with friends?

My understanding of a J tube, and why I didn't want & need one, is that they have to be in for 6 weeks or there is a significant risk of a leak. After that period of time if the tube comes out my understand is that piece anchoring it in your intestine just flows through and out of your body. You should be find so just get your protein in, and if you need to do protein shakes to do it then you may have to go that route. You can do this so no need to worry yourself excessively.

If it isn't one thing, it's another! I hope you plan to drink a lot of protein shakes. I know they suck but, you get to where you can tolerate them. Two a day with what ever protein you can eat, will put you on the road to better health! Make sure you are always drinking water, too! Keep your body flushed out.

I don't know or recall if your a protein shake gal, but use them now.

Find one that's creamy, or clear and fruity, or savory like Unjury chicken, but find something tolerable, and go to town on them. I tweek them to make them what I like, so will add an espresso shot to a chocolate one, or chia tea to a vanilla one, or a bit of cream and chopped meat into the chicken Unjury. I'll blend a smidgeon of pineapple into Nectar fuzzy navel.

Remember they're a two-fer. You get both protein and hydration from them, so drink up.

I do have shakes 4 different one, advance bariatric, isopure, something else but I generally put them in the tube. If I'm drinking it drink gnc Primavera or muscle milk. I prefer their taste but isopure has 50 grams protein per 12 Oz shake I can sip on all day. So I think I may have to use that just to make sure I make the numbers needed.

I do have shakes 4 different one, advance bariatric, isopure, something else but I generally put them in the tube. If I'm drinking it drink gnc Primavera or muscle milk. I prefer their taste but isopure has 50 grams protein per 12 Oz shake I can sip on all day. So I think I may have to use that just to make sure I make the numbers needed.

Oh, good. I was afraid you might be one of those that can't stand a protein shake. We gotta do what we gotta do to take care of ourselves.

how are you feeling today, Charris, less freaked out? hope all is well.

:5grouphug:

Hi C, hope you are feeling better today and that maybe being without the J-tube is a bit of freedom / more comfortable. Looking for that silver lining. Stay focused on your nutrition, my friend!!!! All the best!

Oh, good. I was afraid you might be one of those that can't stand a protein shake. We gotta do what we gotta do to take care of ourselves.
That would be me and I am afraid my numbers are slipping. I am going to have to try some of the premixed ones like muscle milk or another that a friend told me about. I just can't seem to get over the whey protein taste, but as said I might have to dump some other shit in there to make it tolerable. Have been thinking about getting a vanilla and then adding a couple spoons of PB.

@Charris I am glad you are able to drink the shakes and doing okay. I have a feeling I am going to be seeing our friend fairly soon. :(

Latest posts

Back