Absorption of enteric coated omega 3/9? ...or is there a dry fish oil supplement?

Hello all,

It was suggested to me that I try using enteric coated omega 3/9 which I'd never heard of. Have any of you tried them? Were you able to absorb them adequately?

It is to address an imbalance balance of EPA/DHA (essential fatty acids) that aren't quite right. I tried to address it nutritionally by focusing on different fish but it didn't make enough of a difference.

Do you know if there is such a thing as a dry fish oil/omega supplement??

Thanks for any recommendations/suggestions.

Tricia

I have taken enteric coated pills with no problem. As far as I know I absorbed them just fine. But I don't think there is any way to know for sure!

I've been taking Coromega emulsified fish oil packets. Vitalady recommends them. Guess I'll find out the next time I get my HDL tested.

Wonder if I could just take 10 Kirkland fish oil caps/day and get the same effect? (I'm presuming I would absorb 2 caplets worth, but who really knows). Nonetheless, it would probably be cheaper and would certainly increase my fat intake which would probably help with the constipation.

I've been taking Coromega emulsified fish oil packets. Vitalady recommends them. Guess I'll find out the next time I get my HDL tested.

Wonder if I could just take 10 Kirkland fish oil caps/day and get the same effect? (I'm presuming I would absorb 2 caplets worth, but who really knows). Nonetheless, it would probably be cheaper and would certainly increase my fat intake which would probably help with the constipation.
At about 7 years post I started taking gelcaps. I take about twice the dose. I knew I had lost a lot of my malabsorbtion and I seem to do just fine. You are probably way too new to even think about this yet. Occasionally over the years, I did take oil based at 5X the dose and that also seemed to be OK.

Thanks for mentioning the Coromenga fish oil packets. I'd not heard of them.

At about 7 years post I started taking gelcaps. I take about twice the dose. I knew I had lost a lot of my malabsorbtion and I seem to do just fine. You are probably way too new to even think about this yet. Occasionally over the years, I did take oil based at 5X the dose and that also seemed to be OK.

I'd thought of doing that but I used to take Nordic Naturals pre-DS and it would cost me a fortune to increase the dosage that much. I'll consider doing that again if I don't come up with another viable solution.

What's the difference between gelcaps and oil based? And when you say you "Seemed to do fine" what, specifically, were you referring to? Which supplements? And your labs were OK?

I'm going to get my cholesterol labs pretty soon, and if I don't see a decent improvement with the Coromega, I might just try the higher does of Kirkland fish oil. 5X/day might do it? All at once, or a few times/day with my calcium? Wouldn't want to take it with my dry ADEKs. Fish oil just seems like a good idea, although, I must say I'm not 100% sure why!

Fish oil just seems like a good idea, although, I must say I'm not 100% sure why!

My husband took fish oil for decades but stopped a couple years ago b/c of the prostate cancer connection. But he got prostate cancer last year anyway. Don't know if it was the decades of fish oil or just bad luck.

So why do some you take fish oil? As much shit as I take now I don't another thing added to my already big list.

What's the difference between gelcaps and oil based? And when you say you "Seemed to do fine" what, specifically, were you referring to? Which supplements? And your labs were OK?

I'm going to get my cholesterol labs pretty soon, and if I don't see a decent improvement with the Coromega, I might just try the higher does of Kirkland fish oil. 5X/day might do it? All at once, or a few times/day with my calcium? Wouldn't want to take it with my dry ADEKs. Fish oil just seems like a good idea, although, I must say I'm not 100% sure why!
I will be surprised if you have any cholesterol left. And yes I was referring to labs. They still said I was OK!

Latest posts

Back