Abdominal wall reconstruction

Jbandmmomma

becky
My hernia repair and abdominal wall reconstruction was done on Monday (8/29). I'm still inpatient and expect to be discharged tomorrow. Surgery was 3.5 hours. Evidently I had adhesions to takedown, in addition to the component separation and reducing the hernia. This is the most painful of any recovery I've had to date. They are committed to get it under control, but it still sucks. Emphasis from the surgeon: rest, sip, walk, sit up (get out of bed). I've been doing all those as tolerated. It is actually more comfortable to sit up than to lay down. I will update more later, for now that's what I've got. Thank you all for the support. Much appreciated.

I know you said they needed to get your on Oral pain meds to go home and your O2 sats weren't great, so don't rush it darling. Get that pain GOOD AND CONTROLLED and the oxygen situation sorted out before going home. I know you miss the kids but you need some YOU TIME because we know how it will be when you get home. Mom's try to do too much for the kiddos at these times so please take care of Becky!

Thanks everyone! Yes @DSRIGGS, I do want to get home, but only because of the daily copay. My parents were able to come back north and my momma has been helping out this week. But, also, I know these other issues need to be controlled and I won't budge until they are. The MD and I agree on this.

Thanks everyone! Yes @DSRIGGS, I do want to get home, but only because of the daily copay. My parents were able to come back north and my momma has been helping out this week. But, also, I know these other issues need to be controlled and I won't budge until they are. The MD and I agree on this.
Good deal. I hope it gets figured out today for you if at all possible.

Feel better soon, Becky! Thinking of you and hoping your pain is relieved soon. All the best!

Latest posts

Back