A Kirmy Belly afternoon

Spiky Bugger

Omg... @kirmy

Yo, Kirm...remember a while back when you ate some kind of pie and spent the entire evening threatening to explode and posting pictures of your belly because you looked like you were about to deliver...a full-grown Clydesdale?

I had one of those days...and I didn't even get any pie.

It may have been my decision to have ONE, count them...one, lousy smallish by US standards cookie. One lousy cookie.

I'm going to explode.

Protein - yum! but what do we call it? It isn't bovine, or porcine, or equine. But there would certainly be a lot of it.

ursine, I think.

SB, hope your pain has subsided and/or it's time to hand out cigars. make my chocolate!

Ursine, yes! I kept trying to spell it orsine, but that wasn't right.

And since the bear has now passed, can you tell us now if it was a grizzly, polar, or teddy?

Oh yeh...that's standard if I eat bread, rice, pastry, milk etc etc. I never used to be bothered by rice but that didn't last. I've discovered brown basmati rice which has less of an exorcist effect on me. It's a constant bargaining....do I don't i? Some days I say fuck it....but then I'm in labour for the rest of the night.

Omg... @kirmy
It may have been my decision to have ONE, count them...one, lousy smallish by US standards cookie. One lousy cookie.

I'm going to explode.

Would it have been worse than a grizzly if you'd eaten two, or three?
I'm wondering if, once you make the commitment to having a grizzly, can you eat all of the cookies for the same delivery pain?

Oh yeh...that's standard if I eat bread, rice, pastry, milk etc etc. I never used to be bothered by rice but that didn't last. I've discovered brown basmati rice which has less of an exorcist effect on me. It's a constant bargaining....do I don't i? Some days I say fuck it....but then I'm in labour for the rest of the night.
Do you do almond milk? I do pretty well with that. And I must be in my lucky phase because I can still eat sprouted wheat bread and brown rice tortillas, in moderation, with no problems.

But that damned cookie WAS gluten free, which means no wheat flour...so one should have been okay.

Moving on to candy.

Or rum.

Is it completely weird that I don't have a DS and have this reaction? I sometimes purposely stand hunched over just to show myself how distended my belly gets.. Beer, wheat, and esp. stupid really junky-ass pseudo foods (that taste like crack) will do me in.. Nothing gets me to 6mo preggo belly faster though than the evil combo of good beer, and good pizza with a lot of cheese.. I will still do it, but I paaaay. But it's like a combo of gas/water retention.. I wish it was just gas.

Is it completely weird that I don't have a DS and have this reaction? I sometimes purposely stand hunched over just to show myself how distended my belly gets.. Beer, wheat, and esp. stupid really junky-ass pseudo foods (that taste like crack) will do me in.. Nothing gets me to 6mo preggo belly faster though than the evil combo of good beer, and good pizza with a lot of cheese.. I will still do it, but I paaaay. But it's like a combo of gas/water retention.. I wish it was just gas.
Oh...I did the combo water retention/dehydration trick today. It was very hot...I probably spent a little too much time in the pool...I know that the elderly are supposed to focus on staying hydrated, but I keep forgetting I are one...I was IN water but not drinking enough...then we went out. The restaurant was a disaster. Manager comped the whole thing, but I sat too long and that didn't help with swollen ankles.

So then we went to Kohl's to return stuff because not EVERYTHING needs spandex everywhere and then to Steinmart and by the time we got to JC Penney's, I was dehydrated but simultaneously retaining fluids in my ankles and around my middle which made breathing (I also have COPD) tough and I finally just had to sit down on a display thing and give up.

Anyway...YOU. Have you been tested for celiac? If not, the blood tests are relatively worthless, but next time you are a candidate for an endoscopy...

If it is "wheat sensitivity" or "gluten intolerance" it is probably treated with dietary changes, just as celiac disease is. But while the first two are essentially allergies, celiac is an autoimmune disease wherein the body starts attacking itself, kind of an important thing to know.

And that's my cheerful addition for today!

Latest posts

Back