9 months after DS with complications and I've stopped losing weight. HELP!

DSDana

Any DS's in CT?
I know I shouldn't focus on the #'s too much, but it seems like my weight loss has been at a stall for past 3 months. I'm probably not drinking enough water, and eating too many carbs. Anyone else have some suggestions to boost my momentum, and continue losing weight?

Let us know what, on average, you are eating each day. If you already know that you are eating too may carbs then, you have at least, part of your answer.

Run a few days thru MFP or paper/pen to figure out how many macros of protein/fat/carbs you are ingesting. Once you have that, we might be able to figure this out for you.

My suspicion is you aren't eating enough calories but eating too many carbs. We don't really count calories BUT calories DO count...as in where you get them from and are you getting enough.

I know I shouldn't focus on the #'s too much, but it seems like my weight loss has been at a stall for past 3 months. I'm probably not drinking enough water, and eating too many carbs. Anyone else have some suggestions to boost my momentum, and continue losing weight?

What is DS/CT to CA? I think Liz may be onto something. Remember that your metabolism has no doubt been roughed up by a lifetime of yo-yo dieting., like the rest of us. You need to consume sufficient calories in order to not go into "starvation mode", while avoiding the crappy empty calories which offer you nothing nutritionally. Water is also critical for metabolism, because dehydration impaires your ability to flush wastes. it sounds to me like you were already aware of mistakes you were making. Great! Now there's nothing to it, but to do it!! Get back on track and reach that target weight. Remember too that you have an 18 month to 24 month sweet spot for weight loss. Don't ha dare waste it, or you'll regret it for life. No pressure... Just being real with you. Best of luck!!

@DSDana a lot of people have stalls like that. I had a couple but at the end of the day I realized when the scale was not moving in was loosing inches. When I calculated when I got to my goal weight I lost an average of 10 pounds a month. It doesn't matter how you get there it just matters that you eventually get there. I know saying don't stress over it is way easier than actually not doing it. Follow your program by getting your diet, protein, exercise, and vitamin requirements met and you should have nothing to worry about.

Latest posts

Back