4 years!

shann

Now an Angel in heaven
Today is my four year surgiversary. The past four years have been the most transformative ones of my life.
I've lost 175 pounds, yes; but I've lost and gained so much more.
I lost high blood pressure.
I lost diabetes.
I lost high cholesterol.
I lost my timidity.
I lost willingness to accept unhappiness and the status quo.
I lost my belief that I will die early.
I lost seat belt extenders, Lane Bryant, and shapeless clothes.
I gained self-esteem.
I gained hanging skin that makes me uncomfortable with my nakedness.
I gained health.
I gained the confidence to be fully present in my life.

I quit my job last year, not willing to be unhappy anymore. I've lost a lot of people of the years, my parents, my uncle; and I won't take chances in wasting whatever time I have. Life's too short.

My life is not perfect, and I am not perfect. I fall and then I restart-- too many carbs, miss some of my pills, don't drink enough. I start my day off with protein coffee and then I eat whatever I feel like eating, still usually small portions. I always focus on protein with my meals, but I have some of everything. I can't eat raw food at all anymore, no raw veggies or salad. I can eat a few bites of bread if it's covered with butter or half a sandwich with lots of fat and protein. I eat dessert but I usually can't finish it (and the days that I do choose to have it I'm usually in the bathroom 3-4 times that night). I know bounceback happens and I'm vigilant in watching but so far I haven't had any so I just keep on going as I am. I weigh and record each month. If I start to regain, I'll reassess how I eat.

Weight:
Before 297
Year 1 146
Year 2 126
Year 3 131
Year 4 124

Before face 2002:
morganmom-1.jpg

Before 2009:
38ad5c49-244d-4eb2-aaba-0d33cd659732.jpg

1 year out beach trip
july11beach.jpg

2 years out cruise:
july12.jpg

3 years out:
july13.jpg

This year:
samshan.jpg

samshan2.jpg

You look fantastic and HAPPY! Congratulations on your success. I think is is very brave to start over. I want to sell my house, quit my job and move to Palm Springs closer to my Grand Kids. Who knows I may just do it. You are an inspiration!

wow, congratulations on all of this and you look fantastic. love your whole family, too!

Latest posts

Back