4 months (and stuck in a stall)

SJB41976

Yep. My body decided that is was not going to cooperate and lose another 10 pounds by my 4 month appointment yesterday. My weight loss hasn't stalled statistically, but it is slow. And I am a revision, so that's that. But I continue to drop inches, I just wish the scale would move again, it's been a month. We did vacation. I ate too many carbs, but got right back at it when we got home and ate even cleaner this week....nothing.

I've lost 44 pounds since my highest weight 306. Surgery was 2/29/16. I'm now 262. I really wanted to be at 256 at my weigh in. She was "concerned" about my weight loss, but when she averaged it every month, I'm losing 5.5 pounds every month.

I had blood work done yesterday so we can check my vitamin levels. Dr. Boyce's office is very thorough with the testing, which I am glad.

Dietician recommended 30 grams fat daily. *sigh* I didn't argue with her. But, we all know that's ridiculous. I'm not a crazy high fat person, but when you eat avocados, cook with coconut oil, put HWC in your coffee, etc. ...well, that 30 grams goes by fast!!!!

I feel great, my energy returned at 3 months. It was like BAM!!! The shot in my foot could have something to do with that. having no pain there makes my upper body/joints feel better and that has been great. I exercise 5x a week, 2-3 times with a trainer and walk the rest. I keep dropping sizes, I just ordered some shirts and they are all too big. Returning and ordering an 18/20. I'm more bottom heavy, so I am a 20/22 on bottom. I was a 24/26 on top and bottom, mainly tight 24. All my original workout tshirts are TOO big.

So I am enjoying a friends birthday celebration tonight and back to meal prep and stuffing my face with protein. I do struggle with eating enough. this week i really upped my protein and good fats, low carb, so one day my body will cooperate and the scale will drop again.

That's about all I've got. I keep telling myself I am in charge of this process and I am not depending on the surgery alone. I have to do my work and it WILL pay off.

Good to hear from you. You've done great. I know it's frustrating to not lose as quickly as you'd like, especially when you read about those (men) who seem to lose 50# a week. Didn't you lose a lot on their strict pre-op diet? When that happens I think the immediate post-op loss isn't as dramatic. But slow and steady will get you where you want to be eventually.

Good to hear from you. You've done great. I know it's frustrating to not lose as quickly as you'd like, especially when you read about those (men) who seem to lose 50# a week. Didn't you lose a lot on their strict pre-op diet? When that happens I think the immediate post-op loss isn't as dramatic. But slow and steady will get you where you want to be eventually.
I lost 12 pounds pre-op.

You're doing really well and will get where you want to be eventually! I had a similar experience with time standing still and know it can be frustrating. Clothing sizes may tell a more accurate story than the scale. 24 down to 18/20 is a big deal!

Thank you for this post! I have the same surgery date as you and have been stalled for the last 3 weeks now at only 4 months post op and it's giving me serious anxiety. Especially as a virgin DS.

My SW was 329 lbs and I have lost 58 lbs since surgery, but the last 3 weeks made me feel like a failure. I will try to be as level-headed as you are and just keep pushing on and try not to worry so much. It's so hard though!!!

Sadly, there will be several stalls. As long as you don't beat yourself up too much, and stay away from the scale as much as you can, it will pass!

I lost like a snail too, but wasn't a revision. I even had episodes of gain, or what appeared to be, without significant change is eating. It's hard to not get discouraged, but you really are doing great. Your recovery time is great too, and feeling good enough to move will really help.

Thank you for this post! I have the same surgery date as you and have been stalled for the last 3 weeks now at only 4 months post op and it's giving me serious anxiety. Especially as a virgin DS.

My SW was 329 lbs and I have lost 58 lbs since surgery, but the last 3 weeks made me feel like a failure. I will try to be as level-headed as you are and just keep pushing on and try not to worry so much. It's so hard though!!!

I am feeling especially discouraged today. The scale still hasn't moved. I've revamped my eating this week and I'm trying to tell myself that it's going to be ok. But honestly, right now I feel like I have failed again and this isn't going to work. that's how I feel, it may not be reality. :-(

Latest posts

Back