4 Month Update

jim1969

I'm 4 months post-op and feeling really good. I'm down 87.8 pounds since the pre-op diet and 15.2 pounds from my goal of 190 pounds. I have went from 2x and 3x shirts to L and XL, Pants from size 40 to 34. My newest accomplishment was being able to eat a whole 1/4 # cheese burger the other night. Might be a weird accomplishment but when your sitting with your family eating a meal its nice to at least eat more than a bite or 2 during a meal. Its been a awesome journey so far!

Only 15# from goal in 4 months? Awesome! So happy for you, Jim. Great news about the feeling of accomplishment eating a normal enough meal that no one else takes notice. (Does it seem like everybody else eats really really FAST?)

Only 15# from goal in 4 months? Awesome! So happy for you, Jim. Great news about the feeling of accomplishment eating a normal enough meal that no one else takes notice. (Does it seem like everybody else eats really really FAST?)
Yes it does. I think I tend to still eat fast myself though. I will take a couple bites then wait 5 minutes or so and repeat the process. Some days are better then others in the eating department.

I'm 4 months post-op and feeling really good. I'm down 87.8 pounds since the pre-op diet and 15.2 pounds from my goal of 190 pounds. I have went from 2x and 3x shirts to L and XL, Pants from size 40 to 34. My newest accomplishment was being able to eat a whole 1/4 # cheese burger the other night. Might be a weird accomplishment but when your sitting with your family eating a meal its nice to at least eat more than a bite or 2 during a meal. Its been a awesome journey so far!
That's so great, Jim! I aspire to be like you and have things normalize!

Normal is a fantastic place to be!
I could really go for some normal....with the last five and a half years of our lives we don't know what normal is,a probably couldn't do it...but damn I NEED some normal

Congrats Jim

We can certainly relate to that accomplishment Jim. For the first 6 months I wondered if I would ever be able to eat foods i loved without pain again. My first good old Midwestern tenderloin (fried food for those of you who have never had one) after surgery was a horrible experience. I was foaming, sweating, hirting and getting mouthfuls of saliva for 30 minutes before puking it and,then misery for the next couple hours. I was so hungry because I hadn't able to eat jack squat so when the first bite or two tasted really good I wolfed it down. That was a lesson I soon didn't forget.

We can certainly relate to that accomplishment Jim. For the first 6 months I wondered if I would ever be able to eat foods i loved without pain again. My first good old Midwestern tenderloin (fried food for those of you who have never had one) after surgery was a horrible experience. I was foaming, sweating, hirting and getting mouthfuls of saliva for 30 minutes before puking it and,then misery for the next couple hours. I was so hungry because I hadn't able to eat jack squat so when the first bite or two tasted really good I wolfed it down. That was a lesson I soon didn't forget.
Hopefully, next I am in tenderloin country (NW Missouri) I will be able to eat at least part of one! Love them.

Latest posts

Back