3 weeks out!

Snowbutterfly

As of today I am 3 weeks out from surgery. Wow, amazing how fast that went. Today I went back to work (went by pretty fast cause my boss wanted to gossip for a few hours lol), made dinner, prepared tomorrow's dinner, and went for a small bike ride with my hubby and son. I'm exhausted, stomach hurts (and constipated really bad) but all in all I'm doing good. I have no idea how much I've lost. At my 2 wk post op visit it was 11lbs. I'm constipated and retaining water so I'm trying not to weigh, that will only depress me. Plus, I wanna avoid the 3 week stall freak out. Easier said then done lol.

Wow! I couldn't have done all that at 3 weeks without a NAP! Good for you.

Yes eat fat, take Colace (I take 3 every day) -- don't let that constipation get worse. Are you already taking calcium? Make sure you are taking extra magnesium too as that will counter the constipating effects of the calcium.

Yes the scale can be like a Siren tempting you to crash on the rocks. Good plan to ignore it for now. Weight loss will happen!

@Clematis & @southernlady ... well after work I was exhausted and after the bike ride I crawled into bed unable to move lol. I have a chronic condition called POTS (positional orthostatic tachycardia syndrome). I end up being so fatigued i can barely walk, pass out when i walk, in constant pain, etc... So ive learned if i have even a small amount of umph to take advantage and push through.

@Clematis Magnesium helps? Omg your incredible, I had no idea. Take it in pill form? How much and can I take it with the calcium?

@Munchkin, @southernlady & @Clematis How much fat? Since my sleeve wasn't touched im able to eat normally (although soft foods for the next few weeks), so i'm eating about 80g a day.

So calcium pills. I've been taking the Huge horse pills. I normally dont have issues, but my son wanted to "help" me take my vitamins last night. I didn't have enough water when he shoved the calcium in my mouth. Ever since i've felt like I have something stuck in my throat. It even kept waking me up all night. Any suggestions to help?

Besides heavy whipping cream in your coffee add butter. Have it twice and things go really smooth.

With fat you add slowly. Maybe an extra 10 grams every 2-4 days til you reach a good balance. We all need different amounts of fat but the baseline for a normal adult human is a minimum of 30 grams of absorbed fat for brain and skin health.

@Munchkin & @LynneV thanks for the suggestion. I'm a little wary about the carbs in the whipped cream tho lol.

@writegirl Thank u! I'm gonna take your suggestion and slow it down. Honestly I feel bad today. Im definitely paying for over doing it yesterday.

@southernlady so if we only absorb 20% then I need about 150g? Would that make me gain weight (or not lose)? Thanks for the info.

@Munchkin & @LynneV thanks for the suggestion. I'm a little wary about the carbs in the whipped cream tho lol.

@writegirl Thank u! I'm gonna take your suggestion and slow it down. Honestly I feel bad today. Im definitely paying for over doing it yesterday.

@southernlady so if we only absorb 20% then I need about 150g? Would that make me gain weight (or not lose)? Thanks for the info.

Just to be sure you know, heavy whipping cream is not that really good stuff you would squirt from a can into your mouth when no one was looking.
It comes in a carton and has less then 1 carb per tablespoon.

Just to be sure you know, heavy whipping cream is not that really good stuff you would squirt from a can into your mouth when no one was looking.
It comes in a carton and has less then 1 carb per tablespoon.

Really? No I had no idea. I was really thinking it was the squirt stuff. I'm thinking holy cow I'll go WAY over carb limit lol. Thanks for clarifying.

You want whipping cream (and I go for heavy whipping cream). The stuff in the can is WHIPPED cream, as in whipping cream you've whipped into stiff peaks and sweetened with sugar or a low carb sweetener. If with a low carb sugar sub eat away!

Latest posts

Back