2 year RNY to DS revision surgiversary

Sharyl you have rocked your revision! Great pictures and I agree with what everyone has written! I am glad you are here! I was worried that you might not be here. You are a great asset to any forum! I still have some pictures to post from September when I was In California! Again thank you for being my angel!
Barb

What an inspiring account, Sharyl. :) Happy Belated Surgiversary! Here's hoping life gets even better from here on. *hug*

Catecholamine - thank you, I feel that happy you're sending! And it's about time we get the cheering section going for you, surgery coming up soon! Do you have an angel, want one?

Conceit aka Spine - thank you for the hug, hey, if I'm a fan of milking the birthday/month, why not surgiversary too, right?! ;) And here's hugs back to you, I really appreciate the support.

Barb - thank you and yes, I'd like to see the pictures for sure! was so nice to meet you as well. But *sighs* please, there's nothing to fear, this us-them mentality is not constructive. We now we have two boards, two views/styles/perspectives, more resources and that is only a good thing. I'll always be on both plus being active in other onlite sites. As bariatric patients, we NEED and deserve as many resources as possible.

Thank you all for making my surgiversary such a celebration, I'm grinning quite large and planning my next NSV outfit :)

Last edited:
girlrocker, Thank you for sharing your story. I have a VSG and looking into a DS revision. I also had a band so if I do this....3 surgeries. It's a lot to think about. Hearing from others really helps put me at ease. I have also been in therapy the last year and a half working on the head stuff. I feel very blessed in my life and thankful, yet feel being at a normal weight has always, always been out of my reach. I have never been under 200 pounds in my adult life (I'm 46) and I had two WLS. Ugh!!!!!!! It used to be about being "thin". But now I love myself no matter what. Now I just want to be healthy. I have ortho-arthritis in both my feet and have had meniscus repair on my knee. Have 100+ pounds on them for 25 years or at least 50+ when I lost weight. I'm worried the physical damage is already done. I can't imagine actually weighing under 200 pounds. Now even though I feel very healthy around food (Im not abusing it, just eat like a normal person) and still in therapy, my metabolism is SHOT. I struggle with being able to do this on my own. If I eat Paleo, I could lose the weight. I would have to eat primarily paleo with a DS, so...why not do it now.

Sorry for the ramblings, but I do see many similarities. I have a great career and a wonderful husband and family. Extended family comes with dysfunction. But I'm more emotionally healthy than I have ever been. I just want to be free and healthy. But I'm still scared. Scared about complications, scared about bathroom issues (there is gas and poop, everyone talks about it, but what is it really like), and scared just in general.

Thanks, again!!

Last edited by a moderator:
@SJB41976 Shortly after this, the OP decided to push the limits of the board beyond acceptable and is the ONLY person we banned in 18 months that was not a spammer.

That's why I edited out the tag on her user name...she won't ever see it.

Latest posts

Back