2 Parters, Take Note

DuodenalSwitchaRoo

Taking a long scenic route!
I have posted this before in other places (PB and my blog DuodenalSwitchaRoo) but it is worth repeating.

I am a post-opper. VSG Aug 2010. I am a pre-opper, DS soon FEB 18th!!!!!!

Sorry if the tenses in this post change…it seriously was like I was having a convo with myself, lol.

Having the DS in two stages is not ideal, but it is what it is. I CAN use the experience of my VSG and apply the lessons learned, which are as follows:

1. My journey is my own (no one will ever understand what its like to be ME…or YOU!)
  2. Very few people over 640lbs go down this route and live through it
  3. Others, if they had to walk in my shoes might have done better, but also may have done a lot worse
  4. Do NOT rate success on lbs lost
  5. Do NOT rate success on the mirror image
  6. For the love of God do NOT “try” things just because others are….utilise the magic window to it’s fullest!
  7. Remember what life was like at 644lbs, remember it GOOD and vow never ever to repeat it!
  8. Refuse to feel bad when looking at people who lost 100lbs and are at goal. There is a way to be happy for them without bashing yourself!
  9. Do NOT worry about other people (ie husbands, friends, moms) if they say they support you and their actions back that up, TRUST them.
  10. If said people in your life do not deal with your changes, deal with it: fix it, heal it, or close the chapter. Do NOT compromise your dreams because you fear rejection.
  11. Take protein powder into the hospital. Those bastards nearly killed me last time! 3 weeks with NO protein does NOT do the body any sort of good!
  12. Fight. If you want it, fight! Cry first if you must, but once the well runs dry FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!
  13. Watch out for the fakers, takers and under cover saboteurs
  14. 35 is still pretty young, it is not too late to do anything, the world in my oyster
  15. I will NOT be ashamed if I mess up AS LONG AS I ADMIT IT and FIX IT!
  16. Do NOT get comfy….EVER. Vits, Protein, Labs are vital to life, and staying alive. Feeling good in the moment does not mean you will feel good tomorrow and by them you might be in serious trouble…be PROACTIVE, not reactive!
  17. Never, EVER become a mean skinny girl. No memes, no jokes, no anti fat attitudes. I am NOT better than anyone, I just got lucky.
  18. I accept that I will be super lucky ever to get below 250lbs, acceptance does not render hope useless.
  19. Learn and teach what you learn. Put it out there. Teach, do NOT preach!
  20. Every breath is a blessing. Thin people die. Althetes die. Rich people die. Accidents happen. Fat people die. Young people die. We all die at some time….and we never know “WHEN”, we can only do our best to prolong our time.

I am already a success. I see it in peoples eyes when they see my before pics, I see it in family and friends eyes whom I haven’t seen in a long time. I see it in my face. It’s the little things that make me a success, but it’s not my time yet to stop trying to do better.

I hope the DS will help me lose another 200lbs. I will NOT be disappointed if I only lose 150, but I know how stubborn I am. How many sleevers are still losing (albeit slowly) 3 years out? This is when continual regain happens for most.

You got this girl. You WILL live through it. You WILL continue to improve your health and dammit you WILL get new hips and your apronectomy!

Very well said. It sounds like you have everything in perspective. I truly believe you will reach goal just because you are so determined and know what you need to to. I particuarlly like the part about not being a mean skinny person.

I have a girlfriend who had RNY 4 years ago and takes every chance she gets to bash a fat person. We fight about it and I always tell her she is 1 biscuit away from being SMO again. She eats like a horse and although she only weighs 130 that regain is going to catch up with her and hit her in the ass. I told her that around 5 or 6 years and you no longer have the malabsorption part dont feel bad when you gain. She justifys it by saying I talked about fat people when I was fat. UGGH But I know with all the donuts she eats it eventually will catch up. She has to eat every 2 hours or she feels ill. We all know that with the RNY you have a high chance of regain, well everyone but her knows that. She says even though she eats bad its ok cause she only eats a little. Isnt that how we all start out?????

I have had so much time to get my head around this it is unreal lol. But I have taken that time to learn about what makes me tick. I've done a lot of self help work as me and therapists just don't work. And it has been a good learning time for me. :) Im not perfect, nor will I ever be, but I can acknowledge I have a choice and be accountable when I make choices that are bad for me.

You know....you have seriously changed since we first "met". And it's all for the good. I'm happy to see you in a better, happier, place. Keep up the good work and that positive dialogue with yourself! You go Roo!

You know....you have seriously changed since we first "met". And it's all for the good. I'm happy to see you in a better, happier, place. Keep up the good work and that positive dialogue with yourself! You go Roo!

Yeah, I actually believe I can do it, for real :) Having a date has helped loads, but also that time in between I used to my advantage and learned sooooo much invaluable information. Above all, I learned that I am a fighter and through it all I do want to win :)

And thank you :) I feel proper happy now and full of hope.

Latest posts

Back