2 months post-op: Back to work

ampt

WWBD? What would bacon do?
Hi all. I passed the 2 month mark, and hit my target of 40 pounds lost before I headed back to work this morning. BOOO!! My usual jeans and tennis shoe outfit sucks :( when compared to my shorts and flip flops sitting pool-side! (FYI: We got a pool put in!) However, my jeans are way looser than they used to be!

My favorite NSV so far: being able to wear my wedding rings again. One at a time, but still. It's a BFD to me! :)

Favorite foods so far: hot and sour soup, raw almonds, Yasso greek yogurt ice cream bars (mint chocolate chip!), and, of course, BACON!

I'm eating about 60-80 grams of protein a day with less than 50 g of carbs. At least two liters of fluid a day. Got a good base of vitamins going, working up to where I should be. Still have not had my 6 week post-op appt with Dr Rabkin, but seeing as how they only last 5 minutes (check weight and ask if I'm feeling good, have any questions, etc.) and it takes at least 90 minutes to get there, I'm not upset about it.

Feeling good. More energy, not a whole lot, but better energy!

Very nice! Love the NSV. Mine is the opposite, I have had to stop wearing my rings because they fall off all the time! I don't want to get them sized until I reach maintenance.

Great job on the protein/carbs! Keep pushing those fluids:p

WTG, @ampt!!!! And I like the fact that you can now wear your rings!

I had the same problem as @newanatomy but compounded by the fact that due to the design of our wedding rings, we could not resize them. Dh & I agreed to sell them and replace them. Took two years but we got new ones last month.

Great update! That was one of my first NSVs too, now I hardly ever wear them because they have guards on that I've already had to tighten a second time and they're so annoying. I only wear them when I go out now and I'll have them resized when I'm at a stable weight. See what you have to look forward to?!? :)

image.jpg image.jpg I posted two pics, I think. Let me know if they are there. There is one of me a month before surgery, and one today.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back