1st follow up after revision surgery to DS

OrganicLife

I went to see Dr. K today for my first follow up visit after revision surgery. Surgery was on 11/17/16. I have lost 4 pounds in five days. I know that's water weight coming off initially. I asked him about my common channel, he said its at 50. He made it short. He also tightened my sleeve.

I see him again on the 28th and then I fly back to NJ later that night. I couldnt be happier at this point. Finally, going to be healthy. I see a great future.

Oh, I just wanted to say, if anyone is thinking of using Air BNB to stay while going for surgery with Dr. K.....I've used them, and have had the best experience. It's so much cheaper then the hotels around here. The one lady I stayed in her guest house, she came to the hospital and waited till I got out of surgery. She came in to see me in the recovery room.

Last edited:
I went to see Dr. K today for my first follow up visit after revision surgery. Surgery was on 11/17/16. I have lost 4 pounds in five days. I know that's water weight coming off initially. I asked him about my common channel, he said its at 50. He made it short. He also tightened my sleeve.

I see him again on the 28th and then I fly back to NJ later that night. I couldnt be happier at this point. Finally, going to be healthy. I see a great future.

Oh, I just wanted to say, if anyone is thinking of using Air BNB to stay while going for surgery with Dr. K.....I've used them, and have had the best experience. It's so much cheaper then the hotels around here. The one lady I stayed in her guest house, she came to the hospital and waited till I got out of surgery. She came in to see me in the recovery room.
Dr K is awesome isn't he?

And wow what a nice lady to do that for you.

How is your drinking and eating going? I had a really hard time with both for a couple months after my original DS, but with my revision where he added to my Alimentary Limb he didn't touch my sleeve so I could eat and drink normally after surgery. That was so nice. My wife even brought me a double double and chocolate shake from In N Out the day after surgery. :D

BTW I was happy enough with airbnb as well. I liked the Springhill Suites in Burbank better because I was able to get breakfast every morning, the bed/shower/couch was great and we were 3 blocks walk from tons of great restaurants and movie theate4s in downtown Burbank. That being said $250/night and having to check out for one night because they were full versus $99 a night at the airbnb place made it a no brainer.

I'm really, really happy for you. You wrote a couple times, I hope Dr. K can fix me, and it just made my heart break for you. I hope everything is smooth sailing from here out. Best of luck!

And I much rather stay at an AirBNB than a hotel any day of the week.

Oh I just asked about your surgery date in another thread. I'm so happy you've had it and healing. I'm excited to read along your journey.

Dr K is awesome isn't he?

And wow what a nice lady to do that for you.

How is your drinking and eating going? I had a really hard time with both for a couple months after my original DS, but with my revision where he added to my Alimentary Limb he didn't touch my sleeve so I could eat and drink normally after surgery. That was so nice. My wife even brought me a double double and chocolate shake from In N Out the day after surgery. :D

BTW I was happy enough with airbnb as well. I liked the Springhill Suites in Burbank better because I was able to get breakfast every morning, the bed/shower/couch was great and we were 3 blocks walk from tons of great restaurants and movie theate4s in downtown Burbank. That being said $250/night and having to check out for one night because they were full versus $99 a night at the airbnb place made it a no brainer.

Yes, he is the best. Made me feel completely comfortable, at ease.

My eating and drinking....well, I go through 4 bottles, pint size of Fiji water. Plus I will have a cup of decaf tea or decaf coffee. Plus a cup of broth. Eating....I am not eating a meal. It's more like I have 6 snacks during the course of the day. Dr. K told me to start eating protein, so that's what I've been doing. I bought shrimp, salmon, boneless chicken, jarslberg cheese, cottage cheese, butter.....and I've been mixing that all up. Today I had smoked salmon with tea this morning. then later a had about 3 ounces of jarlsberg cheese cut up. Then 6 shrimp scampi made in garlic butter (no rice or pasta). Then some cottage cheese. So far this is working for me. Can't eat much.

My airbnb was $73.00 per night, and it came stocked with basics in the fridge and cabinets. Grocery stores are not far. I picked up some stuff prior to surgery. The people that I'm renting their guest house, invited me for Thanksgiving dinner. I will see how I feel. She said her husband will bring me some turkey later, if I don't come over to their home. Its all good!

Yes, he is the best. Made me feel completely comfortable, at ease.

My eating and drinking....well, I go through 4 bottles, pint size of Fiji water. Plus I will have a cup of decaf tea or decaf coffee. Plus a cup of broth. Eating....I am not eating a meal. It's more like I have 6 snacks during the course of the day. Dr. K told me to start eating protein, so that's what I've been doing. I bought shrimp, salmon, boneless chicken, jarslberg cheese, cottage cheese, butter.....and I've been mixing that all up. Today I had smoked salmon with tea this morning. then later a had about 3 ounces of jarlsberg cheese cut up. Then 6 shrimp scampi made in garlic butter (no rice or pasta). Then some cottage cheese. So far this is working for me. Can't eat much.

My airbnb was $73.00 per night, and it came stocked with basics in the fridge and cabinets. Grocery stores are not far. I picked up some stuff prior to surgery. The people that I'm renting their guest house, invited me for Thanksgiving dinner. I will see how I feel. She said her husband will bring me some turkey later, if I don't come over to their home. Its all good!
Those six snacks you are having are DS meals and that is great you are able to eat this close to having a sleeve. Shrimp are pretty dense so that is awesome for you.

Those people are just wonderful people and stories like this give me faith in humanity when I have been struggling to find any faith after the horrible things going on in the country recently.

and Dr K's follow up is out of the world so don't be afraid to email, text or call him on his cell. He will answer if not in surgery or with another patient

Last edited:
Those six snacks you are having are DS meals and that is great you are able to eat this close to having a sleeve. Shrimp are pretty dense so that is awesome for you.

Those people are just wonderful people and stories like this give me faith in humanity when I have been struggling to find any faith after the horrible things going on in the country recently.

and Dr K's follow up is out of the world so don't be afraid to email, text or call him on his cell. He will answer if not in surgery or with another patient

Oh I love Dr. K. I am so happy with my decision to have him do my revision. I am so grateful for him and his mad skills with revision surgeries. His bedside manner is wonderful. I would highly recommend him to anyone. His staff is wonderful too. As many times as I emailed him or his staff, or texted him, everything was answered quickly.

Congrats!

with my revision where he added to my Alimentary Limb he didn't touch my sleeve so I could eat and drink normally after surgery. That was so nice. My wife even brought me a double double and chocolate shake from In N Out the day after surgery. :D
I was shocked to read this! I wonder if it will be same for me? I am doing revision from sleeve to DS, but they are not going to re-sleeve me. (Which I'm concerned about because I have very, very little restriction anymore and already gained back 40 of the 60 I lost with VSG)...

I was shocked to read this! I wonder if it will be same for me? I am doing revision from sleeve to DS, but they are not going to re-sleeve me. (Which I'm concerned about because I have very, very little restriction anymore and already gained back 40 of the 60 I lost with VSG)...
Unless there is something wrong with your Sleeve, a surgeon shouldn't have to touch it.

Latest posts

Back