1 more thing, fever

Dawn

Hi everyone. I really appreciate you all. So the pain has been worst the last two days I'm assuming from the stricture. Yesterday water was hard going down. However today I have a fever of 101, at 6 weeks do you think this could still be surgery related? I called my clinic but they haven't called back. Ive been assuming all the pain in my shoulder and stuff has been from the stricture now I'm more worried something else is going on.

Something else **is** going on. Although its origin might still be your surgery, you need to start a new tab with new people. The most cynical part of my brain says that the clinic people might be playing CYA. You need to see a new doctor with zero skin in the game. They will run a boat load of diagnostics and figure it out. You need better information to proceed. Fever can and often does mean nothing, but it can be a very scary sign.

Pain in the shoulder can sometimes be referred pain from something going on in the upper abdomen. And while there are many, many things that could cause a fever, it sounds like things have never been quite right since your surgery, so to me this means the fever could be somehow related to your surgery, even at this late date. Esp since you had a leak.
Keep after your surgeon, but get yourself seen by someone else if his office doesn't respond to you. Remember, it isn't the complication that kills people, it's the failure to recognize and deal with the complication.

Latest posts

Back