Where to stay?

countrymom

Good morning,
I am wanting to know where you all stay when going to see Dr. K in CA? I will be flying into LAX from Nashville, TN. I may be traveling alone, so need somewhere safe. Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

You might want to call Dr. K's office, too. I know my surgeon's office offered discounts with a few local hotels.

Thanks I will do that, just thought someone could give me a heads up.
They don't have much to offer in that regard.... You could go a few ways:
Springhill suites in Burbank was where we stayed last time we were out. Very nice and new hotel within walking distance of a mall and a bunch of restaurants. Around $160-$200 a night. 10 minute drive.

HI Express in Pasadena. Little older but remodeled recently. $150-$200 a night.

Airbnb is another choice.

Hotels are very pricey in the Glendale area but the two I stayed at are nice, good breakfast included and I'm safe neighborhoods. The area where the Springhill suites is at is nicer and closer to restaurants but both are good areas that are 10-15 miles out.

Arcadia area is a bit further out but cheaper. I didn't actually stay there but it appeared to be a nice area. Book early and look at discount sites for deals as the closer to your date that you get the more you expensive it gets.

BTW there is a movie theater with huge comfy recliners right across the street from Verdugo Hills Hospital and Dr K's office. There is also a movie theater in the area I told you about in Burbank... Right in with all the restaurants and not sure how much walking you can do but probably a ten minute walk from hotel... Downtown shopping district so there is some parking but limeted..would be a 2 minute cab ride.

You might want to call Dr. K's office, too. I know my surgeon's office offered discounts with a few local hotels.
Unfortunately they dont really have any other than Comfirt Inn Eagle Rock... Outside entrance hotel, in a not so great area and hotel was a shithole. We booked force week but checked out after first night when the water was down for 6 hours... And I was not comfortable leaving my wife alone in that area.

Unfortunately they dont really have any other than Comfirt Inn Eagle Rock... Outside entrance hotel, in a not so great area and hotel was a shithole. We booked force week but checked out after first night when the water was down for 6 hours... And I was not comfortable leaving my wife alone in that area.
Thanks so much for the information, I will check out these hotels.

Latest posts

Back