What about sex Post Op?

Cassie

Ok dsers, i am pre-op.
I know different doctors will recommend different things but i want to hear real world experience. When can you resume a sex life? When will you even feel like it? What changes if anything as far as this department goes?

Ok im blushing now but this is a real life question.

If it hurts, don't do it. Wait for your incisions to heal. I wouldn't want the weight of anyone laying on me for a while -- stomach is tender. (And you are not supposed to get pregnant for a long time.)

Wait til you are healed before trying...outside is healed in 7-14 days. Inside tho takes 6-8 weeks. Usually by week 4, you can have sex just not very vigorous (don't want to break apart the insides still healing).

My sex drive disappeared back about 6 years ago...reemerged for about 6 months after my DS and has been MIA since. But then I am post menopausal AND 61 years old with a horrid back.

IF you are still having your periods, before starting back, get on TWO forms of BC. One being a condom and the second needs to be something OTHER than the BCP. One thing you don't want is to become pregnant within the first 18-24 months. Too hard on you and a developing fetus.

IF you are still having your periods, before starting back, get on TWO forms of BC. One being a condom and the second needs to be something OTHER than the BCP. One thing you don't want is to become pregnant within the first 18-24 months. Too hard on you and a developing fetus.

A bit of a delayed question/follow-up here @southernlady but is the BCP bad for DS'ers? I'm asking because I was given the choice at my Dr appointment today between Loestrin and the NuvaRing and decided the pill would be less weird.

A bit of a delayed question/follow-up here @southernlady but is the BCP bad for DS'ers? I'm asking because I was given the choice at my Dr appointment today between Loestrin and the NuvaRing and decided the pill would be less weird.
The pill may be less weird but due to your malabsorption and the fact that it goes thru your guts, it isn't gonna work nearly as well. A form that doesn't go thru your digestive system is recommended as ONE form and a condom as the second form.

Latest posts

Back