Travelling to Utah for DS - How to prepare?

TakeIII

Hi all,

I will be travelling from Denver to Utah to have a revision from a band to DS. Does anyone have any advice on what I can do before I leave to be as prepared as possible?

I work from home with a very sedentary job, can you give me an estimate of how long before I will be able to work at least partial days?

I'm sure you have all seen/answered these questions a million times. If there is an existing thread of newbie questions and answers that you can point me to that would be awesome!

Thank you!
Tina

You will be able to work some hours at home in about 2 or 3 weeks, my guess. Don't worry about bringing a bunch of stuff to Utah. You can pick up anything you need when you get there. The two days before surgery that you will be in town for tests and class are only 1/2 days so, you can pick up bottled water or anything else you will need.

I use a protein drink every day as part of my breakfast but, it took me a month or so before I could choke one down. I would not stock up on anything other than maybe some broth for when you get home. Get stuff as you can tolerate it.

Dr. Simper and staff will give you bad advice about eating and supplements, which he was going to start selling. Just nod and then consult this forum for the right advice. Do everything he tell you to do before surgery and for about a month or so after. Then, follow the advice of the vets here.

Latest posts

Back