Stall already

Renewme

I’m still here but really frustrated. I’ve only lost a couple pounds since my surgery. I’m feeling I can’t get anymore weight off. I was thinking my metabolism is too low since I’m on a fer meds that cause weight gain. Could that be possible? And for some reason my blood pressure is higher than normal of 120/over something I don’t remember now this morning was 145|79. Should I be concerned I have my next check up Monday. Me and hubby aren’t getting along as well but we have went through some issues over the last 30 plus years and it’s ok since we talked a bit this morning. He got his sleeve a little over a year ago, just a lot of changes. I feel like I won’t lose until I get off some of these meds. I’m 70 and things don’t fall off like they used to but I’m charting and mostly following my diet but I’ve had some small amounts of carbs. My stomach reminds me if I’m eating too fast or the wrong foods or too much. I’m feeling maybe I should have had a different surgery because of my metabolism but yet I used to binge eat and it’s definitely helping with that but not much weight loss to speak of since the liquid diet before surgery. I want this to work so bad but it’s totally driving me crazy. Any help or input is greatly appreciated. Now I’m thinking maybe I need to fast or something I chart my food and I usually don’t ever get 800 calories. My back still hurts too so not much exercise it hurts all day I know I need to do something for that too. Sorry so long

I was thinking my metabolism is too low since I’m on a fer meds that cause weight gain. Could that be possible?

I’m feeling maybe I should have had a different surgery because of my metabolism but yet I used to binge eat and it’s definitely helping with that

don't know - maybe you did need the DS but that's for the future. meanwhile, you need to think in terms of your health more generally now and you should really step away from the scale. try not to weigh more than once a week.

how are your pants fitting? that is always a better indication than the scale.

as someone with Binge Eating Disorder, I can tell you it went away after my VSG but that was temporary. it comes back when I'm under stress of any kind. So whatever needs to happen (changes in behavior, changes in your relationship with food, yourself, or other people, etc) now is your time to do that.

and have you and your husband considered counselling? because WLS generally tends to really change things so it couldn't hurt.

no idea about the BP and meds so let us know what your doctor says and don't feel bad about a long, worried post since that's one of the things we are here for.

:5grouphug:

FYI - it's easier for people to be supportive if they can easily find your info - so far your profile only has your birthday/age. you should put in your type of surgery and the date, at least. or add it to your signature, if that's easier. I'm not sure how, but ask if it isn't obvious.

basically, the more people know the better we can help

It's probably a good idea to call a doctor if the unuaually high blood pressure persists. I'm sorry to hear of the added stress that is experienced when spouses aren't getting along . That's difficult under normal times, but especially when recovering from surgery and adjusting to a new diet. Please do avoid carbs as much as you can, especially early on, as you will want to maximize weight loss up front. Regain is real and once your body adjusts and the sleeve stretches, it will be harder to lose weight than it is right now. I agree with Jackie's comments - she knows her stuff! Wishing you the best.

Thank you Jackie and Hillary…I will try to put some more info just not the greatest when it comes to computers…a work in progress for this old lady, lol. Yes my clothes are fitting better. I usually bought them when when I was dieting and exercising a lot then I would put weight on and couldn’t wear them anymore, so this is definitely positive to be able to fit in some things. Yes I do think counseling is in the future, I do eat more when I’m upset but I want to eat over most things, totally controlled my life in so many ways, feeling a bit lost to what to do when we are watching a game for example. I’m so happy you guys are here. Hugs

I do eat more when I’m upset but I want to eat over most things, totally controlled my life in so many ways, feeling a bit lost to what to do when we are watching a game for example.
it's really a complete change in lifestyle, or it should be. please don't wait to get any kind of help because now is the ideal time to deal with all the new to you things. later, it's harder, I promise.

Latest posts

Back