So, Miss Alabama? And other obese people.

Spiky Bugger

I hate beauty contests in general. And I am not in favor of fat shaming, for obvious reasons.

BUT…most of the brouhaha (sp) seems to be about her appearance, and “fat acceptance,” and we don’t all have to be teeny, little blondes who want to work for world peace. True. But there ARE medical things to consider.

LIKE…ALL THIS: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9311171/

AND THEN…my late BIL’s good buddy from many moons ago died, in (I think) late April. He’s still on ice because the local crematoriums don’t want to deal with the over 300# crowd. (I think he was WELL over 300#.) They apparently take too long to…uhm…(?)…cook.

FINALLY…a gay couple I know…both big guys…one obese, but well enough to work as a hospital floor nurse, and the other SUPER morbidly obese and disabled…called to ask me (I’m not an atty) if they really had to pay for plumbing repairs because their toilet was leaking into a downstairs unit and the manager said THEY caused the problem by weighing too much. (No, they don’t.)

I’m at the Spine Dude’s today. Yesterday was Shoulder Dude.

What's wrong with world peace? ;)
Think of all the military layoffs…and the impact to the military-industrial stocks in your retirement funds! Chaos, I tell you! We must be afraid of SOMEONE.

I JUST took my first Gabapentin, ever. (Spine Dude sent me to Neurologist to see if I have something NOT fixable.). I may crash for a while. We shall see.

Please read ALL the side effects of the gabapentine. I have it listed as an allergy. I won’t ever touch that drug again.

their toilet was leaking into a downstairs unit and the manager said THEY caused the problem by weighing too much.
:mad:

I don't know anything about Miss Alabama except GOOD FOR HER! I would bet a lot of money that the fat shaming she has endured just this year is at least as bad for her health as her actual weight.

:mad::mad::mad:

I JUST took my first Gabapentin, ever.
what Liz said, although I'd be surprised if you need the advice. but the older I get, the less I think "it goes without saying" is true.

I hope it helps! and if so, I hope any side effects are worth it.

Latest posts

Back