More health concerns....lovely...

Read nataonline.com prevention of iron deficiency in surgical patient. It talks about why treatment before surgery would prevent transfusions and why without the iron infusion you may not be able to benefit as much from the transfusion if your iron deficient.

I understand the desire to have your surgery as scheduled. However, I am concerned you are overlooking the big picture. Weight loss surgery is about improving health. My concern is that you are putting your health at risk rushing forward with unresolved health concerns.

I had revision surgery in March of 2012. I had no known co-morbidities prior to that surgery. I had a hellish recovery my iron dropped dramatically and I had to be infused 3 times before my release from the hospital. I struggled with nausea and fatigue for months. Immediately after surgery I had trouble maintaining satisfactory oxygen levels.

This surgery takes quite a toll on the body. You certainly do not want to approach it with unresolved and worse still unknown health concerns. Please take a moment and make sure you are making an appropriate decision regarding your health. I do not claim to have all the answers but it appears to me you are ignoring some very serious questions. I wish you the best and hope you understand I am posting out of concern for your health and well-being.

MsVee

Is there another post with your levels listed? Maybe I missed it. I will go looking.
I will always be a firm believer in the bigger you are the harder you fall, weight and vitamin wise... please be in the best health you can be before having surgery. Making a comeback is difficult.

I struggled tremendously. I lost 200 in less than 10 months, then spent the rest of my time until now getting my levels in a healthy spot. I hope they gave you the worst case scenario and further testing shows no cancer. Be well.

Oh, my, Cat. I just now read this. I was worried enough about the low iron; now this too? I'm not sure how you can possibly think about an elective surgery under these circumstances; I hope you know what you are doing! I'm going to keep praying for you, cat, not only for your surgery and healing but also that there's no cancer, its a mistake or mis-read. Because if its true, I can't imagine dealing with adjusting to your new DS insides while at the same time dealing with cancer treatment.

I have to say, I am really shocked that your surgeon is operating with these unresolved questions.

You and me both. I am worried as hell about this. I think it is utterly irresponsible of her surgeon to go forward in this case. I hope that her family members get access to all of this information so that they have material upon which to base a HUGE lawsuit if she has complications.

I have already made it very plain what I think of the quality of her thinking and reasoning skills in this decision. I frankly think her mind is impaired by her health. If this ends well, it will be in the realm of the miraculous, or if you prefer, phenomenally lucky.

While I have no idea about the iron issues, based on all the clearances that I had to get for Dr. Boyce to proceed with me, I can not imagine he would move forward if he knew about this possible cancer and a few other things that have been mentioned.

Cat, be honest with Dr. Boyce, don't hide anything from him. Your life could depend on it!

While I have no idea about the iron issues, based on all the clearances that I had to get for Dr. Boyce to proceed with me, I can not imagine he would move forward if he knew about this possible cancer and a few other things that have been mentioned.

Cat, be honest with Dr. Boyce, don't hide anything from him. Your life could depend on it!
Her surgeon is Williams, not Boyce...waiting to hear something now. Her mom has my cell number and is suppose to update me when she can.

Her surgeon is Williams, not Boyce...waiting to hear something now. Her mom has my cell number and is suppose to update me when she can.

I was just looking at the other thread and realized that. Thanks for clearing it up. I have never met Dr. Williams but the head RN BSN on the bariatric floor the week I was there told me if she had surgery she would want Dr. Williams to do it. That made me feel weird since I just had surgery by Dr. Boyce....

I guess all we can do is wait. Sure wish she had postponed!

Latest posts

Back