How soon could you swallow pills?

star0210

i can't remember how long I waited after my VSG...but I don't think it was very long.
Surgeon's paperwork recommends 3 months but says some people start as early as one month.
I don't want to wait too long before taking my vitamins again....but right now at only 10 days out or so...swallowing that many pills in a day doesn't seem like a good idea.

I did small ones in, maybe, 2 weeks? Maybe less? But the big calcium and multi took roughly a month. I know people do it sooner, 3 months seems absurd.

6 days post I was taking all my vites except iron(made me queasy). I just took one at a time, all day long.

This confuses me because your esophagus was not altered and nothing changed your ability to swallow.

I was taking my meds by mouth before I was discharged from the hospital. Started a multivitamin in the second week out and built from there on supplements.

Thanks...that makes me feel better.
The pain pills (non narcotic) they gave me in the hospital are sublingual and the PPI they put me on are granular.
The cold medicine they prescribed for me before I left was liquid. (Hubby and I both caught some Mexican cooties on our last day there)

My D was pretty low and my ferritin also prior to surgery so I don't want to wait too long to start taking them again. I'll start tomorrow.

When they switched me on day four to vicodin tablets, I cut one in half - and gagged on it. I quit all pain meds right then and there, and - I am not proud of this - became frightened of swallowing pills for three months. I didn't take anything but the tiny Protonix and my thyroid meds. I finally scared myself straight and started taking my vites at three months out.

i can't remember how long I waited after my VSG...but I don't think it was very long.
Surgeon's paperwork recommends 3 months but says some people start as early as one month.
I don't want to wait too long before taking my vitamins again....but right now at only 10 days out or so...swallowing that many pills in a day doesn't seem like a good idea.
I started my meds in the hospital and started my vitamins about a week out...just a multi at first and then gradually added the others. No problems

Latest posts

Back