Hello

DumboAddict

Newbie here, just joined a bit ago. I'm looking at getting SADI-S surgery at some point. Just met with the second bariatric surgeon today. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Thank you.

My surgeon recommended the SADI based on my health conditions, diabetes, not being very well controlled, and my height and being. I'm 5'4 and my bmi is 60.
With those conditions, I’m really surprised he suggested the SADI.

I was also 5’4 when I had my DS 13.5 years ago. Thankfully the variants hadn’t shown up yet. My options were lap band (oh hell no), RNY, (I required NSAIDS), and the DS since Medicare did not yet even cover the sleeve.

I was an insulin pump type 2 diabetic. Mine didn’t stay resolved, it came back after a 6 year break. My story is here: https://bariatricfacts.org/threads/diabetes.5590/

My BMI was only 35.2. But honestly, anyone over a 50 BMI REALLY REALLY needs to consider the traditional DS.

Now, another question? Does your surgeon even perform the traditional DS?

Please, please, really consider DS. You need the big guns to help you lose and keep it off! Also DS has a known and proven track record. As someone else said, does the dr you’re seeing even do traditional DS? That could be why they don’t want you to have it. Just please, read, research on here, and ask any and all questions so you can decide and not let them decide for you. If you tell us your general location we can also suggest surgeons to check out.

Susan

Hi and welcome! Perhaps ask your surgeon why he's suggesting the SADI over the DS. There are lot more studies done over decades showing the efficacy of the DS on metabolic conditions. Plus, your BMI level seems to indicate a DS would lead to a higher percentage of success for you.

Either way, it's a tough choice to even get to the point where you are speaking with a surgeon, so congrats on arriving!

Latest posts

Back