Date Scheduled!

Barbara

Spoke with Dr. Greenbaum's office today. July 6 is my date barring any complications-- such as him taking a vacation. It's a long way off but works with my job. Need to give 90 days notice if not emergency surgery. His office stated he would only authorize 6 weeks off. That concerns me. I know the r n y revision is a big deal. I can't return to my job anything less than 100%. There is no leaving early or part time. Additionally I need to know up front how long I'll be out. Can't really extend it later on.I have asked him to consider a longer leave up front. We'll see. In the meantime I am glad to have a date to focus on.

CONGRATS!! :ngbbs450d0391e9c80:
Don't worry about the six weeks. You'll most probably be fine, and if not, can't you go to your PCP for another note? I'm not sure how it works down below the 49th parallel :)

Very happy for you though!!

Barbara...congratulations on the date! I am in New Jersey & can help if you need anything...please let me know!

With all the surgeries I have had I was originally scheduled off 6 weeks. During week 5 dr reevaluated me and filled out extension paperwork. Then the week before i was to go back doc would reevaluate and do the same process until I was finally able to go back. With my last episode I was extended like 8 times and finally went back almost six months later. My job was protected through Fmla for 3 months and my job was kind enough to give me me 3 extra months. How would it look to fire a single parent which would cancel her health insurance and life insurance while she's in the hospital on her death bed.

Thanks everyone. It doesn't seem real yet but I know the time will fly by. I can't believe we are at the end of March!!

@Jen-2 thanks Jen. Have appointment with Dr. Greenbaum on April 21st. Need to get letter for my job stating the surgery is necessary not elective. I am going to tell my boss in the next week or so just to give them enough notice.
Tell me about you. How are you doing? How are the girls? Your energy level? Pain gone?

I'm doing pretty good. Learning this DS thing. I'm in my second stall. :( doing better w liquids and protein but not perfect. Pain is gone. Energy is still not back to normal but I see improvement. I get tired very easily. I used to be able to walk 3-5 miles a day. I don't think I could do a mile right now. It's very frustrating. I still have food aversions and they change daily it seems. Still don't feel "back to normal" but I feel so much better than I did the first 3-4 weeks.

I find it challenging to find constant sources of low carb protein that I can eat every 2-3 hours. I eat every leftover I can but they go quickly so I need to start cooking this weekend so I have some things on hand.

I need to start more supplements.

Girls are doing well. Spring sports are in full swing so we are on the go much of the time.

Will Dr. G give you that letter? I certainly hope he's willing to argue the surgery is a necessity for you and not just elective.

Just a heads up - I got a CRAZY bill from the hospital even though I had prepaid and gone through Dr. G as a self pay. Dr. G and Tina are getting it resolved but Tina said it's been happening much more often lately. Just wanted to let you know.

I'm excited for you. Surgery is right around the corner!

@Barbara I tagged you in the thread we talked about w my costs for Dr. G's self pay program. It's on the first page of most recent posts now. It was a "hello" thread started by Debbie.

Latest posts

Back