Books Recommendations?

DuodenalSwitchaRoo

Taking a long scenic route!
Hi, Im a book addict.

Are there any books specifically about the supplementatation needs for DS patients OR those with malabsorptive syndrome or what ever it is called. I'm not having much luck in my search. Found a crapload of papers here and there, but just wondering if there was a bound, all in one source or the hows, the whys and the whats of what is needed.

None for the DS that I know of...you might be able to find a book on the type of vitamins and minerals people need and why.

I printed out the vitalady sheet you supplied and it is helpful to know the whens and whats to take but I also what to know the WHY's and symptoms of deficiency or overdose, lol. Maybe this is a project for me post op lol.

I'm printing out everything I can get my hands on and putting it into a display book so it is there for me where ever I go. Going to include graphics of the DS so when I can travel I have ALL the info that will be needed in an emergency.

I look forward to more of your posts as if anyone is into the nuts and bolts with academic related articles more than me, it is you. I love the nerdy side of things....oh and I dont want to die of my own stupidity or ignorance lol.

Deal is, imho...there cannot be such a guideline. And that's because we all react differently to surgery. So we have to get COMPLETE labs done and see what we need more of.

And...some of us could eat a chocolate shake sandwich and some of us get QUITE uncomfortable with the very light bit of toasted breadcrumbs sprinkled on the creamed corn at the restaurant the other night. I had to scrape them off to be safe.

To me, my labs tell the whole story.

Latest posts

Back