Avoiding Carbs like the bubonic plague!!!!

CaraOC

Credentialed Bitch
i have a question. Surprise I know!! So I'm three weeks post op tomorrow revision from band to DS. I'm sticking to the Mexicali diet guide. I'm on full liquids and for the past few days been crippled with back pain and cramps, not to mention I could literally shit through the eye of a needle (TMI?). I was convinced I had a necrotic stomach and kidney stones like golf balls. Today I decided screw it I am avoiding ALL carbs. I did no shakes or protein drinks but instead hard boiled eggs and tossed them in the vitamix with mayo salt and pepper blended it up like a pudding consistency and ate only it and drank water and I've felt great all day. No pain. Is it possible it's the carbs or the whey crap or something that is making me miserable? Give me some input people!!!!!

"Not-so-little miss Cara sat on her rump eating her carbs and whey, along came a spider and sat down beside her... So she shit on it". Sorry. Couldn't resist

lol! @CaraOC are you in the Ativan again?

sounds like you may have hit on it! are you mixing the protein in milk - lots of folks develop lactose intolerance. @3weeks out I was not having any type of solid food and little supplementation yet so you are farther than I. I am a lapband to DS revision too but did have some serious complications so was slower out of the gate so to speak.
it is possible that the Whey protein is making you sick - what kind of protein are you using? I apologize if I missed it in another post.

Keep the poems coming!

Try an egg or soy protein...mix with water.

But if you are getting in enough protein with food right now...soft food but food...then go for it. The first month, your protein goal is 30 grams a day, upping it to 60 by 60 days, 90 by 90 days and more after that as needed.

Latest posts

Back