About to have first step of revision to DS

Revision

Hi All,

Making an introduction....thanks to everyone for all the helpful info on these boards.

My info:
RNY-GB: June 2004 (SW 380/LW 250/HW 300)
BoB: June 2007 (SW 300/LW 270/CW 340)
Plan: 2-step reversal BoB to DS via VSG (short interval)
Surg Date (VSG): May 4 2015 (Gagner)
Surg Date (DS + Choley + Appy): 3-6 mths after VSG (Gagner)
GOAL WEIGHT: 170 lbs

Anyways......the first step of my BoB to DS (via VSG) is going down this Monday (with Dr. Gagner)!!

My goal weight is 170 lbs. I am approaching this as an 18-month journey to get to my goal. I think this is the last hope for me, so I better make this work!!!

Thanks again everyone for the helpful info. I appreciate all insights and advice.

Bests,
R

Make sure you are 100% on the same page with Gagner about what surgery you are going to get - that it will be a duodenal switch and not a SADI or SIPS or loop DS or whatever the latest fad name for it is.

Make sure you are 100% on the same page with Gagner about what surgery you are going to get - that it will be a duodenal switch and not a SADI or SIPS or loop DS or whatever the latest fad name for it is.

Hi....thanks for the reply....yes, I made sure to clarify that....its the next step anyway, but I did confirm with him for sure 100%. Many thanks!

Hi! Great to see you here. I didn't realize your date for stage 1 was so soon.
Best wishes for a safe and successful surgery, soon to be followed by the 2nd and FINAL step of your DS.

Hi! Great to see you here. I didn't realize your date for stage 1 was so soon.
Best wishes for a safe and successful surgery, soon to be followed by the 2nd and FINAL step of your DS.

Hi Larra,

Yes...it has certainly come up fast! I made the decision for revision about 3 months ago. I'm Canadian and I contacted Dr. Gagner. As I am self-paying I was able to cut through a lot of red tape and just get it done. I've lived with this for too long now and I am ready to deal with this once and for all!

Thank you again so much for your kind thoughts.

R

Thanks southernlady...these boards have been so helpful in so many ways....I'm sograteful....been thinking a lot about what I have to do differently with this surgery, aas opposed to my RNY....I definitely need to make more lasting lifestyle changes now....these boards really help to see that others are going through a similar journey.

@Revision Welcome! I am a R N Y revision, too. Surgery in July. I have the same fear. How do I make this work successfully. For me it's emotional eating. Candy. Donuts. Carbs. And I'm addicted to Diet Coke. The most important change for me is therapy. I'm working with a good person to find better coping measures. I wish you the best. Please post about your journey.

@Revision Welcome! I am a R N Y revision, too. Surgery in July. I have the same fear. How do I make this work successfully. For me it's emotional eating. Candy. Donuts. Carbs. And I'm addicted to Diet Coke. The most important change for me is therapy. I'm working with a good person to find better coping measures. I wish you the best. Please post about your journey.

Hi Barbara....best of luck with your upcoming surgery!! I'm totally in the same boat as you....I'm definitely an emotional eater....I have found the artificial sweeteners to be a nightmare.....especially diet coke....I think therapy is a great idea!! Best of luck...sounds like your on the right path now!! Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back