yup I'm in that 10%.

Charris

Now an angel
Well I had the ablasion that my gyno. Dr was so sure that would stop all the crazy heavy bleeding I have been doing for 15 years. It has not been 2 months and I'm having my second period. So Dr couldn't believe it had to see for himself I need to look when your bleeding to see if it's actually from a period. Ok, looks, Yup your having a period. Well let's wait 6 more weeks and put you on antibiotics. But to be honest it's not going to make a difference?? Oh okKkkkk. SMH. I WONDER IS MY appointment with primary Dr going to go as great tomorrow? So excited to go#!!! :meparto:

So may I ask why you are hanging onto your uterus? I say this with the utmost respect, because I hung onto mine while it almost bled me to death for 13 years. Finally found an OB-GYN who agreed to leave in my ovaries if they weren't diseased, and went ahead. One of the best things I've ever done. You know, with the ablation, you can still be bleeding inside the WALL of the uterus, hidden? If you have intramural fibroids, an ablation is contraindicated. That means it's a bad idea. No ablation for me, I had 8 intramural fibroids, one pedunculated fibroid, and one the size of a Clementine in the anterior lip of my cervix. What does that feel like? Well, I'll try and describe it in terms anyone can understand. It felt like I was flying around on a witches broom all the time, except the broom was stuck UP me. The first thing I felt upon awakening from surgery was the ABSENCE of pain for the first time in my life, since I was 10 and got my first period.

I once had an OB doctor tell me that my heavy bleeding wouldn't kill me, that I was being overly dramatic. I squinted my eyes at him and asked "So you would trust me to go pick up your grand children from school and drive them around in MY STATE?" My ferritin was 6 at the time. He wanted to take my ovaries out as well. Wrong doctor. Looked until I found a female doctor that didn't speak to me as if I were a lesser being. Haven't regretted it once.

Good luck with your situation, my friend. Much strength to you.

I've been trying to get rid of it! For 10 years my obgyn. Said cigna wouldn't allow. Switched dr. He said try ablation 1st instead of arguing said ok. He said if it didn't work hysterectomy for sure. It didn't work now he's saying give it another 6 weeks. I'm like sure cause I have exhausted Fmla till September. There is nothing left to try. IVE been trying for 10 years. I don't need nor Want it!

What a bummer Charris! I hope you are able to get the hysterectomy if that's what it'll take to get you feeling normal again. You've had too many bumps in the damn road!

I had cysts on my ovaries, endometriosis, and fibroids. I let them take the lot in 2008. I have never missed it! I do have to say that I am really tired of hot flashes though!!!! I stopped taking estradiol about two or three years ago, seems like one big hot flash ever since! I am only 47 so this is bullshit to have to be in "pause" for so damn long!

oh, no - I'm sorry it didn't work and I'm really sorry they don't just give you want you need, what the hell?! :angry_smile:

Latest posts

Back