Will Insurance cover anything?

CaraOC

Credentialed Bitch
This might be a question for Diana Cox, but maybe others have some info. Is it possible to have my insurance (Kaiser Permanente) cover any of the plastics I'd love post weight loss? I was considering a trip to Mexico but was wondering if I could get anything done here under my insurance. I want/need the works... my big wants are removal of my jiggly turkey neck and Howdie Dowdie lines... My bat wings, My massive skin flaps of a belly, my thighs look like fancy hung swish curtains... I could go one but ya'll get the picture. I always thought If only I could lose weight I'd love my body.... Here I am and not loving anything much... This sucks.

Personal opinion only, absolutely no experience here. But what you are wanting sounds cosmetic. Reconstructive surgery makes it functional. Cosmetic makes it pretty. And while insurance will cover reconstructive surgery, how pretty and detailed may not fly.

Jiggly turkey neck, Howdie Dowdie lines, bat wings are not impeding your life in the same way that a large apron would.

To get what you want, may require self pay to cover the pretty.

I semi-agree with Liz.

Turkey neck, and I paid out of pocket right there in the OC, and Howdy Doodie Lines seem cosmetic.

Bat wings, though, not only can get caught in things but are not NORMAL. And in OUR STATE, I think that if some disease or accident or birth defect (ask Diana) caused your body to not look normal, insurance has to cover fixing it. And, a bit after that law was passed, Morbid Obesity was declared “a disease.” So there.

I think it depends on the size. I have bat wings and while I don’t like them, they aren’t to the level of a health issue. Just annoyingly there when I wear sleeveless.
I get it. But in CA, it doesn’t have to be a “health issue.” It only has to look weird. (I’m pretty sure.)

HERE, my big problem, had I chosen to pursue it, would have been finding a surgeon willing to accept an insurance payment instead of MULTIPLES of that insurance pymt if handled as a purely cosmetic procedure.

Latest posts

Back