Why can't I get the DS from a doc who didn't do my sleeve, in my state?

Moonbeam

My original sleeve surgeon does not do the DS. When I call doctors in my state, they always say they won't do a DS if you have had the sleeve done by a different surgeon in the same state, regardless if the original surgeon does DS or not. But if I had my original sleeve done in a different state, the new doctor will do it. Why? Makes no sense.

You're right, it makes no sense. Ask again, and ask why if they repeat that nonsense. Ask for their reasoning in writing, so you can get a referral to an out-of-state surgeon if necessary.

Makes no sense, but get it in writing or log times, date, who you talked to and position. Repeating it back to them to be sure you have the detials correct.

Magically today two of the same doctor's offices said the exact opposite. Not cool. These office people just say what they want to get you off the phone.

Last edited:
A secret fraternity? Many doctors won't touch another surgeon's patient unless it's an emergency. However, this is the first time I've heard of state borders being involved in something like this. I think your post about getting rid of people is accurate.

Just make sure whatever surgeon you go to does the traditional two anastomosis DS --make the surgeon show you the procedure and don't buy into the SADI, SIPS, LOOP "DS" experimental procedures that some try to pass off as "DS"

Latest posts

Back