Where? Single Stage Revision Lap Band to Sleeve

KansasGuy

Greetings everyone,

I am new to the forums and was looking around to see if I could find any information on doctors near me (Kansas) that would do a single stage revision. So far everyone I have contacted says they only do the 2-stage revision which involves removing the band, waiting any where from 3-6 months then getting the sleeve done. Having to travel no less than an hour to get to the nearest bariatric doctor and minimizing time away from work are HUGE factors for me.

I know doctors still do the single stage but I guess Kansas might not be quite as progressive medically as I had hoped.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Todd

Todd,

Absolutely no help from me on that kind of revision.

But as a ”LapBand Survivor,” I want to throw a couple of things out there.

Often, the band doesn’t work because it’s a piece of shit and causes other problems. And, it often doesn’t work because it was the WRONG solution for people with way-too-high BMI’s. (In my case, it was wrong for both reasons.)

IF, by any chance, you have a HIGH BMI and the band just isn’t enough, consider that the sleeve (which my sister got, lost weight, then regained all and more) might not be your only option.

My sister wanted to avoid the post-op care needed, forever, with the DS…lab work, vitamins, etc. So she is now super morbidly obese with a VSG. My weight is NOT ideal, but I have kept +/-130# off for almost 17 years. I’m 75 and would never have lived this long without the DS, which is NOT ideal for everyone, I know.

Anyway, I see that time off and all that is important. But make sure that geography is not the determining factor in this crucial next step. Good luck with whatever you decide to do!

Sue

Hi KansasGuy, I also live in Kansas. I had the VSG in 2008, lost 182 lbs and regained 110 lbs. I decided to investigate the DS. This site was enormously helpful! Ask all the questions you have, they will give you all the help you need. I finally decided it was well worth traveling to California to get the best DS surgeon. Dr. K is amazing! He genuinely cares about each one of his patients. I would do anything I could to get to California to Dr. K if I were you. That said, I’ve had trouble finding Dr.s that want to know what the DS is, let alone what it even is!! Hope you find the right answer for you.

Latest posts

Back