what's this about mint tea?

JackieOnLine

Staff member
it was in Roo's thread that a couple folks mentioned drinking mint tea - I want the scoop. I keep trying to increase tea in general (to cut back on coffee) and I actually have some peppermint tea* I make into ice tea. I'm supposed to drink a bunch of it and this will help me lose weight moreso than just water?

from arborteas.com

The best peppermint comes from the northwestern USA. The pure, moist mountain air of the spring and early summer growing season gives this organic herbal tea some of the highest volatile oil counts of any member of the mint family. As a bonus, it is naturally caffeine-free! Historically, peppermint has been used as a stewing herb by ancient Hebrews and has been found in 3000-year-old Egyptian tombs. An interesting way to use this organic herbal tea is to place a sachet of peppermint leaves in your bath water - perfect for cooling off on a hot summer's day.

It was me talking about the tea. It wasn't my idea. I got it from someone else. I have no idea why it works but it does. I know of no science behind it whatsoever. I don't know anyone who has done this and failed to lose weight.

One week on and one week off. If you do it continuously you lose the effect and it becomes a constant. Drink a gallon of plain mint tea per day. Simple!

The best thing about it is that it can't hurt you.

seems like if I could drink a gallon of water that would work as well....but I dunno. well, I'll just try it and see.

If you plant some, it does grow like a weed here in the NW, so confine it to a container.

I had some in a flower bed at a rental house and it spread into the lawn, and 20 years later, it still grows throughout the property. It smells wonderful when mowing the grass there.

I was fairly sure it was peppermint, but now I'm wondering if it's spearmint. It wasn't regular mint, as that and the orange mint didn't manage to jump the 2ft wide cement barrier between that bed and the lawn. I had a tea garden, and that peppermint (or spearmint?) and comfrey will live on in that yard forever more.

Latest posts

Back