What size did you start keeping clothes

galaxygrrl

Hi all,

Well the scaled weighted in at 160 today. I have 25 pounds to go. I have clothes that fit until 5 pounds ago. And I like them. Do I keep clothes in this range. Will I bounce back one day? Or do I give them away. I don't have many, just trying to figure out what to do?

Thanks!

There are some unknowns. Will you reach goal, stay near goal, or go below goal? Will you have a bigger or smaller rebound? A general rule of thumb is 15 pounds from the low point, but some do more and others do less. So there's a chance the clothes will fit a few years down the road, and a chance they will never fit again. Clothes are so expensive, I wouldn't give away all of them. If you have storage space, I'd keep my favorites. I went down to size 6, bought a bunch of expensive stuff, and two years later needed an 8-10. Since then, I've been up to 12 and recently went back down to 8-10. I gave away the size 6s, but I'm hanging on to the 12s. Ymmv

Thanks! That was what I though. It seems people still yoyo with the DS. Just more like 10 or 20 pounds, NOT 120. I can deal with that.

I still have all of my clothes packed away under my bed, but was wondering the same thing, @galaxygrrl.

Though the shirt I just put on is one I bought and seemed to have sadly 'missed the boat' on (US8, wearing it today for the first time as a very oversized one!), I'm not sure if it's comforting or not that it might fit well after I rebound. ;)

I have jeans in sizes 12, 14, and 16. Right now I'm a 14. A couple of years ago, I went through of bout of weight loss due to an unknown malady. I'm saving the 16s, just in case. Yes, I still think about regain. I doubt I'll surpass the 16s into 18s. And I really don't want another bout of illness related weight loss, so the 12s are also just-in-case-but-I-hope-never-again. Shirts are kind of all over the place from Medium to X-large due to irregularity of standard sizing by manufacturers. (During that brief low weight I tried on a size 10 dress and it fit beautifully. Yet instead of being happy, I was quite concerned. That weight was 10 pounds below *goal* and my current weight is 10 pounds over.)

My DS was in October, 2008. Nine years later sizing can be variable as galaxygrrl stated with that small amount that I yoyo in.

I clean my closet at the end of each season. I generally keep outerwear, classic, expensive, and professional clothes that are within two sizes of my current size. For trendy, inexpensive pieces, bathing suits and undergarments I only keep those that fit well right at the moment.

It's not really weight gain but redistribution of what remains. On my way down, I saw a size 2. I am now a size 8 comfortably in pants and jeans but shorts are cut oddly for me, I need a size 10 there. But I weigh the same now as I weighed on my way down to the size two and was easily a 6 and even some 4's at the exact same weight as in 2012. The 4 years in between has seen it shift more to my middle. Same weight.

girl my fatt butt AINT GIT RID OF NOT ONE PIECE OF CLOTHES! Pray for me.

Let me just lie and say I haven't done it because I've been too sick since my DS. YES thats why......lol

lol! Body types are so funny. I asked Dr Rabkin last month if I could have the remaining fat removed from my tummy and put in my behind, which is a Brazilian butt lift. He says, yes, but it does not last and you lose the fat. Too bad I can't take a bit of your fat. Wish I could. I have no a** left. None, zero, zeltch and I still have 25 pound to go. there is only one place for it to come from, my tummy.

Hang in there and feel better btw.

lol! Body types are so funny. I asked Dr Rabkin last month if I could have the remaining fat removed from my tummy and put in my behind, which is a Brazilian butt lift. He says, yes, but it does not last and you lose the fat. Too bad I can't take a bit of your fat. Wish I could. I have no a** left. None, zero, zeltch and I still have 25 pound to go. there is only one place for it to come from, my tummy.

Hang in there and feel better btw.

well when I'm at the size I'm supposed to be I'm flat behind. when I'm 45 pounds over weight it's nice and plump looking like a basketball

My tummy was not flat at 125 pounds at 16. So, that is not happening when I get this last 25 pounds off. And alas, my tummy looks a bit like a prune. But, two words - Tummy tuck!!! Take the fat away and tighten that skin.

I keep a variety of sizes on hand, once you get down so far even a 5 pound gain/loss puts you in a different size. My range is from 4/6 to 8/10, small and medium.

Latest posts

Back