What happened????

Soontobelovely

Hi
I am just about 18 months out (DS) and not going to the bathroom anymore or not nearly as much. I gained 4 pounds and hesitant of more to come. Is this normal, temporary or something I might or might not be eating........Thx

I need more information. What was your BM pattern before this episode? What is it now (in detail)? have you changed how you are eating? Protein/fat/carb content of your diet? calcium dose? Fluids/water? How long have you maintained your lowest point of weight loss?
Some DSers go through periods of constipation, but it depends on how you define that word. Your body does tend to stabilize after 18 months and there is a bounce back at the end of weight loss. I had about 10% regain at about year 2 and, much later another 12 lbs when I got lazy about carbs and candy in year 10. Lost the carb weight, but never lost the bounce back.
My cure to get things moving? Fried chicken. Stand back!

Thanks
My BM were pretty significant everyday, 6-8 movements in a 1.5hr period first thing in the morning for about 17 months.. Now the movements are not nearly as significant and less x's perhaps 3-4x i/o 6-8x. I usually only go in the morning.
I just increased my dose of calcium. Is that a factor? Constipation has played more of a role lately so I have been taking 3 Tsp of mineral oil before bed but even that is often times NOT effective as there are times that I took the mineral oil and still had harder small BM.
I drink water at no less than 64oz each day.
I do believe this is enough liquid but let me know your thoughts.
I need to decrease my carb intake for sure I know but I havent changed my diet and my current carb intake has never been a negative factor in my weight loss, I guess up to now.. I haven't changed much other than a recent small bowl of ice cream 3x a week.....

I wouldn't call your frequency constipation and the change may just be a sign your body is adapting to its new plumbing. The adaptation can slow weight loss eventually.
Calcium can be a factor in constipation, but you need it.
Ice cream is a small treat, and is ok in my view. The fat balances the sugar. It's the treat my surgeon endorses. The fat should help with constipation. The size and frequency of the treat matters.
Carbs are eventually going to catch up to you in slowing weight loss or leading to regain. If you aren't where you want to be in weight, you are passing up the days of easier weight loss... it will be harder as time goes on. It is a fight for everyone I know to reduce carbs, and my solution is to keep the serving as small as possible if I can't resist. Sugar in any form and liquid carbs are the worst for slowing weight loss or promoting regain.
You could increase your fat intake. Butter, bacon, olive oil, etc--one fat should be part of every meal.
I love fried chicken, but it has a powerful effect on my gut. Two pieces at night lead to multiple BMs, probably 5 within an hour upon awakening. I recent had two of the deep fried fish of fish and chips, without the chips, and the explosion may have been heard by the neighbors a few hours later. Deep fat fried anything is a powerful laxative after my DS, and sometimes, I know what is coming, but eat it anyway. Fats' effect on the gut remains true at year 13, so I guess my DS hasn't stopped working.
I have been stuck at exactly the same weight for the last four months and I can't go down. I'm not going up, though, and I am consciously fighting carbs and sugar. My sister brought me 6 of her homemade cinnamon rolls, and I thoroughly enjoyed half of one and put the other 5.5 in the freezer. Let's see how long I can make them last!

Thanks
I guess it's more of what you said that my body is adapting to my new plumbing. I will watch my carbs more carefully too.
I didn't come this far to gain it all back!

Good question, I didn't know
Here is the brand and ingredients

Attachments

• IMG_20170928_200132.jpg
    IMG_20170928_200132.jpg
    465.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20170928_200141.jpg
    IMG_20170928_200141.jpg
    514.6 KB · Views: 5
I have some ideas of how to increase my fat intake but what are your specific "cures"?
And how do you use heavy whipping cream? In coffee?

Latest posts

Back