Well…I’ll be diddly-damned!

Spiky Bugger

Went to MiniSue’s (formerly my) house, to answer the burning question, “What about this stuff? I know you’re a hoarder, but are you keeping EVERYTHING?” Opened the box that said “SUE’S UNIFORMS.” I tried on the blouse of my WAC (Army) Class B uniform. Right over the t-shirt I was wearing.

It KINDA fit.

That means that I got into it but didn’t even TRY to button it. I might have been able to button it, but then I’d have to forgo breathing. And then the buttons would start popping off.

I got that blouse FIFTY years ago, and I was in GOOD physical condition. VERY good. Because I had jumbo boobs back then, I was issued blouses that were quite “roomy,” but I knew where the alterations place was! So everything was tailored to look good.

(Okay, so it’s not ALL POSITIVE…back then, I had a waist that was not my largest measurement. But the rest was good news!)

I didn't keep any of the clothes. I kept some insignia and a name tag. That service ribbon I got for mopping and buffing floors is a priceless treasures.

Edited for grammar.

Last edited:
I kept my old uniform. It was one of my goals to fit in it. I was an 8 current size when I did. The uniform, unlike today’s clothing, was made true to size. It was a 14. My waist was still tight but I got that sucker zipped.

Good for you, maybe she’ll understand the hoarding now.

I didn't keep any of the clothes. I kept some insignia and a name tag. That service ribbon I got for mopping and buffing floors are priceless treasures.

I have one summer & one winter uniform, the HORRID PT outfits from Basic and AIT, a coat, a handbag, and a raincoat. I think that’s it.

I think we can classify that as a non scale victory! :) Thank you all for your service!

My favorite non-scale victory:

I had lost about 60-70 pounds. We were in bed, asleep. All of a sudden, MrSue kind of shrieked and sat bolt upright in bed.

Why?

He was flopping around as he is wont to do and his forearm hit into my hip. My hipbone. For the previous couple of decades, there was so much ”padding” in that area that he hadn’t felt that bone. When he hit my hipbone, he thought someone else was in the bed with us and it terrified him. (His screaming terrified ME.) Busy night.

And it WAS just the two of us.

I have one summer & one winter uniform, the HORRID PT outfits from Basic and AIT, a coat, a handbag, and a raincoat. I think that’s it.
I had a roll of Lifesavers in the purse that our dog just had to have. In his quest to get them, he chewed his way into it. I was not about to buy another. I gave away most of my blues to a friend. While I wasn't ashamed of my uniform, I wasn't particularly proud. I wanted the GI Bill for my degree. The USAF was the means to get college expenses paid.

I had a roll of Lifesavers in the purse that our dog just had to have. In his quest to get them, he chewed his way into it. I was not about to buy another. I gave away most of my blues to a friend. While I wasn't ashamed of my uniform, I wasn't particularly proud. I wanted the GI Bill for my degree. The USAF was the means to get college expenses paid.

That was my goal, too, but AFTER using the GI Bill to buy my own home. I didn’t work out that way.

That was my goal, too, but AFTER using the GI Bill to buy my own home. I didn’t work out that way.
My DH was the prime applicant to buy our house. I'm not sure if I have house buying benefits for myself per se, but I'm also not worrying about getting another house. More like modified assisted living.if

The one MiniSue currently occupies is our TENTH purchase. We went back and forth depending on circumstances. Not long before this last purchase, MrSue had his identity stolen. His credit history was on lockdown so I’m the primary.

I don't think I have any uniforms left, and what I had of my cammies, my kids have all taken. Then again, when I was in, it was bell-bottom dungarees and crappy denim shirts. No one wants those. No idea where any of my dress uniforms went, but maybe I could get a leg in now.

I was in grad school when we bought our house, so no income meant not being able to use benefits.

Latest posts

Back